Introduce yourself here!

Hi,

I am Data Processing Manager at research agency in Myanmar.

6 Likes

Hi My name is Keith Gray and I am based in the UK. I have just started using ODK to help us collect data for a research project on dementia in Tanzania.

7 Likes

Hello,
I'm Jesse in Dallas, Texas, USA. I work at a non-profit that partners with researchers collecting data to measure food insecurity across the local area. The research team selected ODK to gather and build data reports from multiple locations using tablets. In the near future, the responsibility of managing data collection will transition to the non-profit so I'm excited to learn from those who have experience with the product and complimentary software and vendors. I look forward to learning from you all.

7 Likes

Team,
My name is Oyier from Kenya.
Im a lecturer and use ODK to design surveys
Glad to join you

6 Likes

Hello all ODK Forum members,

I am Tadeo Cwierz, typically based in Costa Rica :costa_rica: and original from Argentina :argentina:.

I have been involved in agriculture related data collection projects in the past but new in ODK.

Happy to become part of ODK community

Tadeo

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sanitation projects in India

Hi,

My name is Matt Weatherford and I work at a social science research center https://csde.washington.edu housed within the college of Arts and Sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.

I've been a systems guy most of my career, but have a formal Computer Science background. I like to fiddle around with complex hardware and software systems - preferably in interdisciplinary teams of smart people that like to bounce ideas and theories around and think out loud.

Im brand new to the ODK world - my only exposure to it being through a couple of amazing colleagues ( Paul Macharia and Matt Dunbar ) who are working on an in-the-field data collection project in Kenya.

Paul runs ODK servers there and I'll be working on providing a back-up ODK server at the UW to fail over to in case of unforseen issues in-country. I intend to try the gumroot odk OVM virtual machine template - will be importing it in to our VMware ESXi environment.

Im generally a unix person - I started out working on the old SunOS systems back in the 1990's and eventually migrated to Solaris. In 2000 I converted myself to a linux guy and am most familiar with Debian Linux - we run lots of production debian. Latest projects have included cross-institution federated login with shibboleth/incommon, rstudio servers, linux-> google drive integration, and others.

Lastly, it is amazingly great to see all the interesting & world changing work people are doing with the ODK platform - what a force for good!

-Matt

7 Likes

Hi. I'm from Zimbabwe, a typical ODK user for data collection both routine and survey health data. I have only recently been using ODK about 3 years and i'm here to learn a lot more about how we can improve efficiency for routine data collection and reporting.

Chi.

8 Likes

Hi, I am Monica from Uganda, I am an epidemiologist and PhD student at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine. I stumbled on ODK in 2015 and have since used it to collect data for HIV prevention projects in Uganda. I will be using it in my PhD project as well.

I look forward to much sharing and learning!

Fun fact: I love dancing to no music

8 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am haitian and i am based in Haiti.I am a statistician and i am working as data analyst, i have been working on survey (form programing with ODK) since a couple of month. When i'm not engaged in data collection i like learning new statiscal software,reading and playing music.

It's a pleasure for me to join the community,i hope i will learn from its member and also i hope i can share my view (as limited as it can be) with anyone who would want it.

9 Likes

Hi,, I am Rico Kurniawan from Indonesia
I am a public health researcher at Faculty of Public Health Universitas Indonesia.

5 Likes

HI Everyone,

My name is Alemu. I am from Ethiopia working as an ICT and Knowledge Manager for a non-profit research organization called OSSREA (Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa). I learned about ODK from a project here in Ethiopia. The project uses ODK to collect and manage health data. I have been using Kobo for mobile data collection and management. I am currently configuring the ODK platform to collect data for an upcoming project. I can be found on Twitter @cyberalex. I like playing around with infographics, animated videos and mobile application development.
FUN FACTS: Do you know that the only country that has 13 months in its calendar is Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Calendar has 13 months of which 12 months comprise of 30 days each, and a 13th month at the end of the year called the intercalary month usually has 5 days and 6 days in a leap year.

Cheers!!!

8 Likes

Hi, I am an assistant professor from SUNY in US. I hope to learn how to use ODK for survey data collection.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Open Data Kit and Data Policy in India

Hello world,
I’m from Tanzania and have just finished my postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and evaluation.
I started using ODK Collect as a newbie this December, 2017, trying to make more practice to be competent on it. I am so glad being a member in odk community. Wishing to discuss more in the same platform.

7 Likes

Hi people! Diego here, alias Varilla (or Alexander Vari, less know)
Im from Argentina, so, sorry for my bad english. Maybe i write like an illiterate.

I’m 22 years old, and started with the programming and informatic since 2009 (when i had 13 years old). At today, i’m the leader of the developement’s area from one National Council of my country. My superiors gived me the task of collect data for paying social plans around the nation, and i decided to use ODK for that. I came here because i stumbled with a problem of encoding, and @LN was a great help.
I started in the programming with the coded lenguaje called PAWN, which serves for create SA-MP servers. It's a little similar to C++. Since that, i learned HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, Linux and differents frameworks, and that's why later i got a good job.

In addition to programming, i love read and write. One of my dreams is to publish a novel in the US. At today i’m reading the second book of Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). It’s awesome.

In my free time, i play the piano (fortunately i have one in my house, thanks grandpa haha) and draw pictures. As well i try to invert time in create some projects, like when i was a boy, but the life os an adult is a little more differente haha

Well, that’s all. Thanks for reading and have a good day!

Regards from Argentina, Diego.

6 Likes

Hi,
My name is Laura, I am based in Rochester New York and am the support staff for the Monroe County Vacant and Abandoned Properties Task Force. I have zero experience with ODK but found you when I searched for ways to make a database of vacant properties. You can follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MCVacantPropertyTaskForce/ and on Twitter/Instagram @mcvacants
Some of my favorite things to do are anything having to do with music! Vinyl, Festivals, concerts! I also geek pretty hard on Star Wars, Star Trek, Buffy, Angel Firefly and Twin Peaks!

7 Likes

I knew it when i first saw your name.

3 Likes

Hello
I am Tawfik from Yemen, I am a new user of ODK, I work in the Center for Studies
But my English is not strong
I hope to learn more and know new information and new friends
All the best for all
Tawfik

12 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ODK Aggregate installer failure on macOS