Introduce yourself here!

Hello!

I'm currently linving in Buenos Aires (Argentina) I would like helping improving this wonderful app.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome @joaquinchemile

2 Likes

Hi guys. I´m from Brazil, and i work with UAV´s and i use ODK to help me in survey mapping.

Usually i use this app to help my clients to not waste time on field, filling paper. This app is the best option to geolocation forms.

thank you so much

5 Likes

Hello All
My self Bhavikkumar Patel from Bharat(India). I am working as Open Sours Software Developer.

4 Likes

Hi all, My name is Johanes based in Tanzania i have been using ODK for different mapping project in Zambia and Tanzania for last two years currently i am working as mapping supervisor in OpenMap Development Tanzania (Humanitarian Openstreetmap Team in Tanzania)

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: How to design and upload form on ODK aggregate without errors

Hello, I am Polly Galita and new to this forum. I have just joined and eager to get using opendatkit.

I am currently living in Egypt setting up a new fintech to support rural farmers across Africa to increase their yields. Pilots will start in Angola and Nigeria early next year.

A little about me. My background is technology loved it all my life grew up in the UK and moved to Canada. Lived-in Australia, Asia, South America, Africa only continent left is Antarctica which really does not appeal to me.

I have been working in Africa for the decade bringing solar electricity and clean water to people living in rural off-grid locations. It has been an amazing journey and now looking to expand with this new challenge to bring information to farmers in rural locations to increase their yields.

I don't have much time off but when I do, I play golf and loud music.

Best,

Polly

6 Likes

Hello all! I'm Robert Boscacci, based out of Crown Heights, Brooklyn NY.

I came to the ODK community because I was looking for a cheap and good way to collect data on a mobile device, and I started running into technical problems that I thought you might be able to help with. I want to collect data about laundromats in Brooklyn and their prices and services, to make a free tool for people to look up where they might like to do laundry. I know, very big social impact.

ODK doesn't handle location quite like I wished it would on my device, so maybe I'll try to figure out how to get it to work independently.

I am @cinemarob1 all over the web, and "boscacci" on github

I love cruising around on a bicycle when it's not snowing in NYC and eating ramen.

Right now I'm studying data science at a boot camp in Manhattan.

5 Likes

Hi I'm Spike,
I'm currently doing a post-doc and have used ODK for multiple research projects- I love it! I have mostly used it with enumerators to conduct offline-household surveys in East-Africa, though also currently working on a project to conduct year-long ecosystem service use data directly from respondents.
Spike

5 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Thuta and I am from Myanmar. When I joined an organization, they want me to start using the ODK which I have zero experience. So, I read XLSForm tutorials and some other documents. Since that time, I've being involve in the development of ODK for different market development projects. I really like to watch the TV shows because it helps me to improve my English skill and understanding on the different cultures of different countries.

Thuta

4 Likes

Hi ODK community
I’m [Albert](http://Albert Arija) from Papua New Guinea-in the Pacific Ocean
I got involved in ODK in 2014 when I was consulting for World Vision NGO partnership program with the government to see how we could update social sector data on real-time basis and scale-up nationally. Because PNG is new in ICT has one of the world’s most terrain places and challenges in delivering data on real-time basis.
Up to now, I use ODK on Smap Consulting to design and deploy surveys for interested clients - I must confess the innovations and ideas with ODK in me just cant stop grow. I am hence, confident that being part of ODK community can help me with troubleshooting issues I face in getting forms in and data out.
Outside of data collections: I like reading about what happens in the world on data analysis and visualization such as Tableau etc
See more on my facebook page as Omie Consultants

7 Likes

Hello,
I go by the moniker zettberlin, I do stuff in Germany.
Especially I develop software that makes GIS a bit more accessible for normal people whithout a degree in geo science and mapping :wink:
We do projects in Africa, as of now in Congo and Togo. We will use ODK to collect data in the field, that may then be connected to our GIS. The latter is based upon Geoserver.
My part is to build a LAMP based webapplication, that will connect all the data and show it in a nice and easy way.
I am one of these, who use to say "GNULinux" when we talk about Linux :wink:

best regards, I look forward to share, what I know and get some advice from you people on how to cope with the ODK tools.

5 Likes

Hello! I’m fazluddin Haidary,. I live in kabul Afghanistan. I love to develop new database and learn new softwares,. I’m still relatively new to ODK and I’m so happy to be part of this fantastic community!

5 Likes

Hi, I'm Laura. I'm a PhD student at Rhodes University in South Africa and I've been using ODK since 2015. We use it to support suspended sediment data collection by local residents in the Tsitsa River catchment, about 500 km from our research base in Grahamstown. We wrote a paper about it, contact me for details if you're keen! Our work is supported by the South African Department of Environmental Affairs. We plan to expand this approach into other aspects of biophysical monitoring in the area.

6 Likes

Hi, My name is Farouq from Nigeria. I started using ODK in early 2015 and liked it..a lot. I basically use it for vaccine report collection on routine immunization project in the Northern part of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Welcome @Hartmut_Noack

3 Likes

hey guys
I'm Ifeoluwa from Lagos, Nigeria. I got to know about ODK just this year 2018 through my GIS lecturer in kwara State university, malete, ilorin, Nigeria. I joined this forum because I really want to be an expert, i think ODK will be useful in taking georeferenced data in environmental monitoring and I might be able to introduce it to the organization where I will be doing my SIWES.
Apart from all these, I enjoy listening to music, dancing and reading (to some extent)

5 Likes

Hi!
I'm Nirmala from Sri Lanka.
Working in the Ministry of Health.
Planning to use ODK Collect and Aggregate server for our next survey with the help of WHO.

3 Likes

Hello,
My name is Polycarp and I am from Uganda. I am a researcher and consultant with a private firm. I relatively new to ODK having only used it for front end data collection, but never designed forms myself, later on uploading them to aggregate and looking at the data being submitted by our enumerators. So, am really here to learn from all your valuable experiences to enable me harness the power of this amazing software. Thanks

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am a technical assistant at GIZ/ComCashew in Ghana and working on economic case study and yield survey for cashew production in Five different Africans countries (including Ghana, Ivory coast, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Mozambique. I got into ODK when I started my National service duty after my tertiary education at GIZ/ComCashew.
Mostly try to learn more about ODK at my leisure time since I was forced to learn without any training.
I really like this app (ODK) as it has made data collection more easier .

4 Likes