Introduce yourself here!

Hello, I live in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
I use ODK for professional use and have plans to use it for personal projects as well.
I currently have used OKD to create a map and data set for my home towns water department.
I want to use it to collect data about the natural world and collaborate with others on a standardized collection goal and format.
Looking forward to checking out all the new features and workflows added to ODK since my first exploration of the platform.

4 Likes

Hey Pamela - I use ODK too here in Zim hope we can collborate ideas soon.

My name is Thomas Matikiti and I'm an IT consultant based in Zimbabwe. I have been using tools based on ODK for the past five years mainly the Commcare app from Dimagi. I'm now making my own surveys using the ODK platform and I work mainly with NGOs that support malaria based programs here in Zimbabwe.

2 Likes

That will be great. I am an amarture in ODK but I will learn so that I use it

JOHANNES MADUDUDU
Human Resources Officer
Rio Tinto Agricultural College
Private Bag 702, Kadoma
Cell : +263785248312/+263719248312
Email: madududuj@gmail.com

1 Like

Hello Cool People,

I am currently working as a Product Manager at BAO Systems and one of my goals is to help the team to develop the best DHIS2 connector with ODK and ODK based tools.

I would love to hear from people who use ODK based tools, like Kobo and such, and DHIS2.
Please feel free to reach me out here or over linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/uxluiz/

Thank you so much in advance,
Ricardo Luiz

1 Like

I am Ronald Mubiru, a Ugandan. Working in the field of M&E, strategic Information and Learning.
Very excited being here. Looking forward to sharing a lot with you about ODK.

1 Like

hi, my names are Noah Mutwiwa,am based in Kenya .Am doing a project that needs data collect and so, i desire to use your tools for that purpose.

2 Likes

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Mohamed Abdulahi. I newly joined the forum. I am working as MEAL Manager in Yemen.

4 Likes

Hi all,
My name's Victor I'm a software engineer based in Dublin (Ireland), although born and raised in Spain. I mainly do Java+Spring at work, with some exposure to TypeScript.

The first time I heard about ODK was through the Emergency Response Unit IT&Telecom at the Spanish Red Cross, which I belong as volunteer since 2010. Thanks to the online courses organized by @berpita within the SpRC (hola, Raquel :smile:), I got to learn how to use the different tools of ODK 1. Then I started helping in these courses as tutor and I'm currently learning ODK X by myself.
I've always been impressed with all that this community has achieved, so I'd like to give a hand as much as I can, either with the code base itself or with documentation.

Other things I do for fun is travelling (never as much as I'd like, unfortunately), most racket sports and learning how to play ukulele (does this still count as a fun fact?).

4 Likes

Hi @mutwiwanoah, welcome to the community. I am also based in Kenya, you can always reach out if you need any help with the tools

3 Likes

Hi I'm Neil, and am interested in using ODK to help start moving a farm in Belize over to electronic format. I'm a bit of a newbie with all of this, but I have (mostly) succeeded at setting up Aggregate on Google, using a domain I own. I can't get the forms to load on my phone, though (Android, using Collect 1.21.2). I'm sure we'll get there, though. Looks great for now!

Neil.

3 Likes

My name Eric Kemeh from Ghana. I was introduced to ODk just yesterday and I intend to youiy for up coming project on eLearning and cyber security. Thank you

3 Likes

Hello All,

My name is George Samuel Obure Asol. I am from Kenya currently working with a humanitarian organization in the Horn of Africa, Somalia to be specific. By profession, I am a software developer and a data analyst with bias on statistical science.
I have been working with ODK since 2013 in Public health survey for both government and Non-Governmental research institutes.
The ODK community has been my source of information in regards to ODK scripting and troubleshooting.

3 Likes

My name is Colleen and I'm originally from the USA, but I'm working in Tanzania assisting Malaria Researchers with App-Building and Modelling, which is how I got involved in ODK. My GitHub is https://github.com/colleenDunlap. My favorite things to do outside of data collection are play with dogs, travel, beach-bum, and eat yummy food.

3 Likes

Hi ODK, I'm based in Brisbane, and I've started to explore the ODK community to build some monitoring & evaluation tools for social projects we implement. We heard about ODK from our work with Dhis2 in Nepal. We're looking to develop some tools on measuring progress against goals for people leaving detention and prison. When I'm not collecting data - I enjoy festivals and like to dance.

4 Likes

My name is Daniel Musyoka a scholar student in agricultural research based studies at Egerton University Kenya.Have engaged in data collection tools using ODK tools for various agriculture based projects. currently engaging to develop my questionnaire from scratch using the ODK tools. Hoping the forum will assist where necessary. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi There,
My name is Towera from Malawi. I am new to ODK. We are using ODK to collect data in one of the project we are currently doing. I am excited to be here!

2 Likes

Welcome to ODK, Towera! Please tell us more about the project you are using ODK for - we're always keen to find out how and what ODK is being used for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, my name is Karl Tiller, living in Entebbe UG. I am a using ODKtoolkit from time to time for field collection of ground truthing information for satellite image classification and capturing field data for national park management.

4 Likes

Hello, my is Mariel Fabregas and with a group of people from the university and the community we are going to do a survey in Villa 20, Lugano, Buenos Aires, Argentina. We are new using this tools. We are going to try.

4 Likes