Introduce yourself here!

Hi All, Jeff in Australia,
I work in the biological control field throughout Australia and Asia and i manage the data we have accumulated over more than 30 years of research and many weed and pest projects.
My knowledge of computers is limited to "2-finger typing", but i know my data and i know what i need it to do. Nevertheless, i have found i can create a relatively complex ODK form that makes data entry in the field simpler and eliminates the necessity for double-entry - thanks ODK team!
Next, i will need to learn ODK-X so that data from specimens collected in the field can be integrated with data recorded on those same specimens in the lab.

5 Likes

Hi I am Thet Hnin from Myanmar. I am currently working for a social enterprise and heading Social Impact team. I am looking at different options of mobile data collection tools to use in impact surveys. I would like to test ODK Central, hence, can I get access to Sandbox installation?

Best,
Thet Hnin

3 Likes

Hi, I'm Tao Joly from France

I'm a student in stage in the Conservatory of natural space. I have for mission to create a form for inventory hydraulic works of "Lagunes Méditerranéenes".

3 Likes

My name is Jamal Sholan from Yemen, I'm a geologist with long experience in field works, seismic monitoring and natural hazard assessment. I would like to thank you for this platform and great opportunity for using available resources that connected to Geo point applications. Actually, I've heard about this application from my colleagues, so I'm ODK new user looking forward to using such app for simple survey and to help local community in the near future. Thanks again for your cooperation and support.
All best for all
Jamal Sholan
Dhamar, Yemen

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I am Washington Gbowoe from Liberia
I started working with the ODK since 2015 during the Ebola epidemic in my Country. Later, my NGO adopted the concept of using the ODK to collect CHW data. We initially customized the ODK collect to what we called "Liberia ODK" which has specifically used in Liberia up to date.
The ODK has been helpful to our programs since we introduced it for the first time among Community Health Workers in the Country and now it's at a scalable level in the entire country.
We use the ODK to collect and analyze data and make report to our donors.

I'm happy to be part of this amazing community.

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Sansani john, a MEAL Officer with Save the Children North East Nigeria. i am super excited to be part of this community. i trust i will learn lots and lots here.
cheers

3 Likes

My name is Dr. Vinti Agarwal and I work in India with a variety of nonprofit clients

2 Likes

Hola mi nombre es JoaquĂ­n Linares
Tengo 21, me graduare de ingeniero en sistemas en el 2020.
Me involucre con odk por la presa donde laboro así hacemos la captación de datos, al iniciar no conocía nada de odk pero me imaginé que como era de código abierto tendría una gran comunidad y es aquí donde estoy actualmente.

No estoy involucrado en algĂșn proyecto con la comunidad de odk, pero hace un mes termine mi odk collect personalizado para la empresa donde laboro, tengo experiencia con Android, y mĂĄs que nada con java.
Personalmente quiero trabajar en un odk collect web para que no solo del móvil se envíen los datos si no también de una PC.

SĂ­ganme en mi Twitter (@joa_code): https://twitter.com/joa_code?s=09

2 Likes

Hi,
I'm Charlotte and I'm new to ODK. I'm using ODK for my PhD data collection in Togo (epidemiology)....so I'm hoping someone can help me with the starting problems I'm sure to experience!

3 Likes

Hey Everyone. Im Nothabo, based in Harare Zimbabwe. I just recently started using ODK collect for field research projects and im excited to learn all about it. thank you!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, I am Gideon based in Vanuatu. I am a project officer and started using ODK collect since last year 2018, collecting field data. Just recently, I started learning to build ODK surveys and it will be interesting to learn about it more here with everyone.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Dear Nicolus,
Do you know about dhis 2 and let me share your experience if you knew about it. I would like to test construct the dhis 2 server. I want to link between the odk aggregated server and dhis 2. Although I have knowledge odk aggregated construction, haven't dhis 2 .

Best regards,
Kyaw Yar Zar Aung

I am afraid to say that I am not familiar with DHIS 2. Only experience in working for DHS data analysis projects.

Hello everyone, I am Nana Ahenkan from Ghana, i am an IT expert, my job includes creating useful data and simple data collection tools to assist organisations and individuals to collect data. I love to teach hence I offer training to organisations and individuals to have full understand of everything IT and help them use technology to the benefit of such individuals and the community. I love driving and tour around interesting places

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am Hemant Yadav from India, currently pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science.
I was searching for organisations for GSoC 2020 and came across ODK. I liked its idea of data collection and how it collects data from remote part of the world which help to conduct surveys easily and accurately. I look forward to contribute as much as I can to this awesome organisation and become a part of this community.
Thank you.
:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello all,
I am Uche Ezema from Enugu, Nigeria. I've been using ODK to provide data solutions for health-related projects. Finding a way to optimize my form building brought me to this amazing forum. I've worked on immunization, disease surveillance, baseline and impact assessment project. Outside data, I love meeting people and watching football. I look forward to learning from the great minds here.

Thanks

2 Likes

Victor from Uyo, Nigeria.

I'm new to ODK, it's quite an amazing tool for data collection. I'm planning to use it for my next project for the first time.

My twitter handle @victorgis, GitHub @victorgis, :grin:.

I'm a Geographer and GIS & Remote Sensing Analyst. I'm involved in NGO humanitarian activities too.

My fun fact is that soon, Geographic Information System will gain relevance in Uyo, Nigeria soon.

3 Likes

Hi All,
I am Sebs, I am working throughout southern Africa on water resources related jobs, including dam safety surveys, household surveys and many more. I have come across ODK as it is highly versatile and customizable, making it the ideal tool for any data collection task. I have been using ODK for the past few months and have found it to be absolutely brilliant. Kudos to the development team!

1 Like

Hi, I'm Nana Kwasi Appiah from Ghana-West Africa.
I have been using the ODK stack since 2015 and is a great set of tools for data collection and reporting.
I have been working on a lot of simple to complex projects using ODK in my current organization and ODK has always lived up to expectations, considering the great community and contributors such as @Grzesiek2010.
When I'm not building data collection tools using ODK and setting up aggregation/reporting platforms, I spend time fishing.

2 Likes

Hola a todos.
Mi nombre es Jormer de Colombia en el continente Sur Americano.
He venido trabajando con ODK SUITE en los Ășltimos 8 meses en proyectos de recopilaciĂłn de datos para el sector salud.
AĂșn soy un novato y espero seguir aprendiendo y contribuyendo en la comunidad.

Gracias

1 Like