Introduce yourself here!

Hi, I'm Mallika from Telangana (INDIA).
I have started working on ODK recently for creating forms.

Thanks
Mallika

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am Eric Olsen from Abidjan, I am a new user of ODK collect; for the moment I am trying to understand how it works and I say thank you to the initiators and to all those who run this forum. I need your help to move forward with this wonderful tool that ODK collects.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I'm Vijay Karthick from India with an interest in ecology and conservation. I'm an early career researcher working in wildlife conservation sector. I've been using ODK for almost an year now.
We as a team have deployed ODK in the tropical rainforests of Western Ghats in India to study endangered and threatened fauna. The nightmare of data entry after a tiring day in the field is no longer there.
ODK has been really handy for field data collection and has really revolutionized the way data has been collected. THANKS to everyone who has made this forum a great place to learn and share.
Hoping to do the same with you all.
Please mail me at imvijaykarthick@gmail.com incase if you need any help..

Cheers,
Vijay Karthick

3 Likes

Hello ODK family,

My name is Miks from Latvia, usually, however, I am based in Papua New Guinea. I became interested in ODK 2 years ago, when I made my first form, and have run a number of research projects using this platform since. Usually projects that I work on relate to public service delivery. When not struggling to manage research teams, love to go for a dive.

1 Like

Hello All,

My name is Tanguy, am from France and currently based in Ghana, with quite a lot of data to collect in remote areas. I am not a tech guy, but rather focused on operations and management of teams deployed in the field. I am an absolute beginner on ODK (less than 72 hours experience)... so I may come with basic questions for the time being. I've been working in the microfinance sector since 1991, mostly in West Africa and in Central Asia.

Best !

4 Likes

My name is Seth Dapaah, am Ghana. I'm interested in writing odk scripts for different assignments. I have been using odk for the last three years and have used odk for several projects and assignments and hope to continue. I still have some issues sometimes that I may want to discuss with the general public.

3 Likes

Hello all, my name Gelar S. Ramdhani i'm from Indonesia. My daily activities as a dentist and also have a social movement in the environmental field, more precisely waste management. Are you interested to be friends with me?

Hello! My name is Julianna, and I'm happy to be joining the ODK community!

I first heard about ODK about ten years ago and have been fan from afar ever since. Recently, after 10+ years working in adult learning program development, management & evaluation, I've become interested in developing my technical & analytical skills and exploring how I can use them more in the future. I've been programming in Python for about a year - and loving it! :slight_smile: - and done some HTML/CSS and SQL as well. I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to get involved with an open source project using technology for social good, and ODK was a natural choice!

While I'm usually based in Vancouver, Canada, until May 2020 I'm based in Singapore, where I'm love visiting a new hawker centre every & trying all the tasty local foods and learning the stories behind them. My family background is Hungarian, Chinese and Greek. I never turn down fresh coconut. Happy to be here with you all!

2 Likes

Hi All,

I am Fuad Abdi Aidid and I work for International Rescue Committee, an international humanitarian non-profit organization. I was the Senior M&E Officer for Social Norms and Participation (SNAP) project but recently promoted to MEAL Manager for World Bank funded project.

I first put my hands on ODK some years back where I developed baseline questionnaires for a multi-sector emergency project. With collected data, I mostly use excel (pivot tables) and SPSS to analyze and visualize data. I recently got to know generation of forms in XLSFORMS then upload into ODK which is much easier than developing the forms in ODK.

3 Likes

@Tanguy, you are welcome. We are based in Abuja, Nigeria and just concluded an online free classes for ODK beginners. Feel free to ask your questions.

@gelarsramdhani, sure we can connect and discuss some projects together

@charlottekerr, have you completed your data collection exercise or would you still need some tech support to begin your ODK journey?

My name is Terri and I work for a digital health non-profit called Audere based in Seattle, Washington, USA.

We are embarking on a new project called OpenRDT. A core component of the project is a smartphone app that can help health care workers scan and interpret Rapid Diagnostic Tests for various diseases. As ODK is used by many health care workers around the world, we are looking into how our app can best integrate with ODK.

I tried ODK Collect out with XLSForms and demoed to my team a couple weeks ago. We are all impressed by what Collect can do, and look forward to working with and possibly contributing to the Collect community to help improve health care around the world.

3 Likes

Hi,

I need help on using ODK. Where can I ask for training and help. I also need to install it on my PC. How do I do that

1 Like

Hi, I'm Rishabh.
I am a Full stack developer based in India.

1 Like

Hi, I am the director of a non-profit in Cape Town, South Africa - The Umtshayelo Foundation, and stumbled upon ODK through Kobo. I joined this group hoping to find help with setting up a monitoring & evaluation system for our org and its various projects. Be warned, I have no idea about computer programming. I need help and a very patient individual(s) who would have the time to guide me through a very complex (as far as I'm concerned) process. Anyone out there?

1 Like

You may be interested in learning how to launch other apps from ODK Collect to pull in data; see https://docs.opendatakit.org/launch-apps-from-collect/

Hi I am Aryan Agarwal. I am an Undergrad at IIIT Hyderabad. I am new to open source and would love to work on android development. I wanted to work for ODK because i like the concept they work on. You can find me on github : https://github.com/worldinmyfist

I am looking forward to work for ODK.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lars and I...

Thanks for starting this forum. I am excited to participate, benefit and hopefully contribute to the community.

Lars

4 Likes

Hello my name is Kunal kumar saw and i am a college student of IIT varanasi(INDIA) in electronics dept.
I would like to work with ODK in GSOC'20 as i fullfill all of his technology requirement i.e java and android .
I get to know about ODK through GSOC and after seeing the past projects of ODK i am eager to start contributing in its open source projects so please send me the link of bigenner bug list to start my contribution .My email ID is kunal.kumarsaw.ece19@itbhu.ac.in and github acc https://github.com/Kunalkumarsaw.

Thanks in advance

1 Like