Introduce yourself here!

Hello ODK world,
I am Luca from Germany. I am a geographer working for a GeoIT company. We do a lot of surveys on land cover, environmental and agricultural parameters especially for verification of earth observation data (satellite images) in international development cooperation projects. Usually we consult and support our local partners to set up and execute the field survey. ODK is close to perfect for this, it is easy to set up and adjust also for non-programmers and runs on nearly all smartphones. I am happy that more and more, the handling and recording of geospatial features (points, lines polygons) has been integrated. Great!

3 Likes

heyaa I am Saurabh I would love to explore more about ODK and this community and would like to contribute to this project :smile:

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Raffy and I am from the Philippines. I am currently developing an ODK application for collecting fisheries landing data. Fisheries catch monitoring is data intensive and occurs in places where internet connection can be challenging. Perfect for ODK. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and create a product that is useful.

3 Likes

Hello,
I'm from Ethiopia and I start using ODK Community after I started working masters thesis and currently, I'm collecting the data through using kobo tools. it's a new app for me and trying my best to improve my self.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am based in Nigeria. It feels great to be here.
I work as a researcher in my organization and ventured into the use of ODK for field surveys. I have used ODK for some research works here in Nigeria, although not configured by me. I am moving forward to learning how to configure and set up research forms.
My twitter handle is @hebbieolatunji. I find ODK very interesting. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi, i'm Nworie obinna from Nigeria! i'm a industrial physicist and we use ODK to help people reach their aim in a lot of project

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul Omari work with health programs in Kenya

I am interested in learning more about ODK-X tools for field data collection.

I hope to receive great support from the community to fully understand the ODK-X tools.

Pleasure to meet you all.

Kind Regards,
Paul.

1 Like

I'm happy bee keeper from france and i'm very bad with computer... i would like to do a simple form to take note on a android phone when i'm at the apiary ( to forget nothing to take care of the bees....and all this notes goes on a google sheet xls on line, look around the forum but look impossible for me i have the xls form ready or so but cannot import without error.. tired ! i give up! so i'm looking for some help to do i think a simple stuff for someone who know ! ... thanks

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Having problems with generating CSV files

Hi everyone, I'm Fabien from France.

I am a geomatics student doing an apprenticeship in a company that needs to collect field data mainly to follow reforestation projects.
I've discovered ODK and Kobotoolbox (that uses ODK) this past 4 months. We try to developp several forms to see if ODK is able to fulfill our needs.
From what I've seen, ODK has a great and very responsive community.

I'm glad to be part of it!

Fabien

5 Likes

Hi all I am Ruanovbe Jonathan and am new to odk collect

2 Likes

Hi,
I am new to ODK and wants to build an ODK form for ecological studies in Indonesia for my students. I still have some error to work on but it's kind of fun to create form and actually use it. Here's my researchgate link https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nurul_Winarni

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Priya Iyer Raghavan. I am a development economist based in India. We use ODK to conduct surveys.

1 Like

Hi, I'm John. I'm from Ireland and I work in the Water industry. Looking forward to learning lots here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Xue here. Based in Nairobi and working in agricultural research. Thanks in advance for all your tips!

1 Like

Hi, I'm Diego Shirima, survey and data expert from Tanzania. I'm happy to introduce myself here, and big thanks to everyone who posted and replied to different topics. They have been very useful since 2015 when I started using ODK.

What a community!! Cheers! :pray: :clap:

1 Like

Hi, I am Geofrey Okoboi from Uganda. interested in energy research

Hi

I am Anand from India and love to work on ODK platform.

Anand

1 Like

@Fabien_Pageot welcome to the community. With ODK, you can do much more as you begin to explore.

Hello.....
I am Johnson Olakunle from Nigeria and i just had of ODK. I so much love research and survey which i believe with time i will get use to ODK.

Thanks....

1 Like