Introduce yourself here!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Isdore, and I am from Kigali, Rwanda. As a public health researcher, I am passionate about using research to address public health challenges. I am thrilled to be part of this professional community and look forward to collaborating on public health initiatives and interventions.

Utilizing public health data in decision-making is crucial for achieving sustainable development. Therefore, ODK is an excellent tool for data collection to drive this progress.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Laure, I am based at Binghamton University in the USA, but I use ODK in my research in the The Gambia, West Africa.

I have been using ODK since 2020 when I joined a project that was using it for long form social network interviews with women and men across the world. We've used ODK for a range of things - social networks, simple health questionnaires, anthropometrics, and even biological sample receiving and tracking. ODK is awesome and the community is even better!

You can find me on X: @LSpakeAnthro, though I seem to use this much less these days than I once did.

Outside of data collection I like to run ultra marathons !

7 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Andy. I am from Taiwan, but I currently work in Mexico. I maintain computer equipment at a private company. I often write VBA programs for my colleagues to use. Due to personal interest and work requirements, I started studying ODK, hoping to implement it for internal use in the company to increase work efficiency.

In my free time, I enjoy making handmade keyboards. If you are interested, you can follow me on Twitter.

7 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I am usually based in Michigan, USA. Right now I am currently living in Ecuador interning at a public health organization surveilling Dengue risk and Ae aegypti mosquito activity across rural communities.

My projects here introduced me to ODK. Begrudgingly I complied with my coworkers' preferences but it has since grown on me (after a hard learning curve). As an epidemiology graduate student, I've loved learning about all of the different applications ODK has to our fieldwork. I look forward to learning more as I go.

Outside of data collection, I love staying active. My favorite activities are hiking, kayaking, and playing soccer (or futbol for the rest of the world lol)

8 Likes

Hello all,
I'm Jan Goelen, currently based in London at the Centre for Neonatal and Paediatric Infections at St George's University of London.
We use ODK for data collection in primary care facilities - so far it has been really easy to work with.
You can find me on LinkedIn https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jangoelen

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am Salisu Attahiru Aliero from Nigeria

I have been using odk since 2017, I was part of the technical team in our organization on data collection and management.
I have under go several project on odk, such, Maternal and child health activity, Routine Immunization, and also during Covid 19.

I have developed a project for the collection Primary health care centres data.

my blog account: salisu.aliero

I always like to meet with new people and visiting new environments

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I'm Mix, and with my company fjelltopp.org we are using ODK in various public health and epidemiological surveillance projects. Actually, we've been using it since 2016 and it is amazing to see the community grow and software improve over those years.

Take care everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello all my name is John and I am very new to everything about this topic. I have learned a lot browsing these wonderful and helpful post and I am grateful for all those individuals who are sharing their knowledge on the topic. In my free time I like to spend as much time as I can outdoors and if not finding a good book to read.

3 Likes

Hi ODK Community,
My name is Param. I am from India. Basically, I am a software developer. I am new to this tool. I stated exploring this for a project that I am working on that involves data collection. It's a very impressive tool. Hats off to the team that is working behind this! I can see that there is also a very vibrant community around it. In my spare time, I listen to music, read upon new things in the technology space or get some good sleep.

Regards,
Param

3 Likes