Is it possible to directly upload or export data from Excel to the ODK central server?

Is it possible to directly upload or export data from Excel to the ODK central server? We want to combine some of the massive data sets that have already been collected (in excel) with the data in ODK central server

Not any known or documented process.
I would love to see some bulk upload option but its not easily possible because of the database structure in central.

@Syed_Muhammad_Qadeer How are you .

If our developers took it seriously, I don't believe it would be too difficult.
On the data structure, just to ensure that the excel data set is in the same format as the one on the server, including all headers.
Regards

1 Like

I answered a similar question here. Take a look.

@yanokwa How are you

The data set is too big, and we cannot be able to enter manually. I liked when you said, ‘you are currently laying the groundwork to make that possible in the future’ and this very well noted. We are waiting for that functioning and longitudinal tracking capabilities (and two-way data communication between server and tablets). Do you have a clear documentation on how to upload using API to programmatically import the records

Regards

See https://odkcentral.docs.apiary.io/#reference/submissions/submissions/creating-a-submission. We'll be adding submission creation to pyODK as well, but no ETA on when that'll ship.

If you know how to use R, you could try my solution here...

Taking this approach is going to be a little time consuming, so only worth it if you plan to upload a lot of submissions.