Is it possible to re-use a set of questions using repeat group for a list of items?

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
My questionnaire in paper shows a table. I have a list of items, that needed to be answered by a select_one, and three integers.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Im using XLSForm, on a windows computer, and testing my form using enketo? Afterwards, I also try to test it with ODK Collect.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Im lost on what need be done, nor what columns/headers or code I need to use.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What Ive done right now is, stack my 20 items like so.

Item 1
select_one
integer
integer
integer
Item 2
select_one
integer
integer
integer

Hi @Neko_Acedia
could you elaborate a bit because I'm not sure what you want to achieve.

Item 01
Item 02
Item 03
Item 20

Set of Repeated Questions:
select_one: Yes/No
integer
integer(decimal)

Is it possible to place the 3 repeated questions inside a repeat group, and re-use it on all Items 1-20?

It's still unclear... if you want us to help please provide a sample form or just describe your case step by step with real questions not Item1, Item2.

The image above is part of the form I am working on.

I have given up on making tables, as I have understood that it will not even show up as a table when using ODK Collect.

What I have done so far, is create a select_one where the items on the left are listed. Next to two integers. The last integer only shows up when #2 of select_one is not selected.

My issue is that, it takes too many lines on the XLSForm making it look bulky or convoluted to my eyes.

Which is the reason why I am searching for a way to just place the integer questions in a single group and re-use that in each select_one questions.

As I have just started learning and using ODK XLSForm/Collect four days ago, I do not know if what I am planning is possible or not.

Hi @Neko_Acedia,

Yes, It is possible to use nested repeat groups, you can search the forum on this topic, as there are many threads covering this. Since you are starting to learn, the proposed approach is also fine, as it is straight forward. With the nested repeat, things might get a bit complicated.

As @dicksonsamwel said I alos think nested repeats would be a solution here. @Neko_Acedia please attach that fragment of form as xls version so that we could play with it and help you to improve the form.

Thank you for the confirmation. :smiley:

I will search for that 'nested-repeat' topic.

Here is the table I am working on.

C4 Table Imp.xlsx (13.7 KB)

Once again, thank you: @dicksonsamwel and @Grzesiek2010