IS ODK Central compatible with CentOS V8?

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

Is ODK Central compatible with CentOS version 8?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

Centos V8

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

The easiest way to deploy Central is with Docker Compose so as long as you can set up Docker Compose on CentOS you should be fine.

@Fay-debug96,

I did try to setup ODK Central on CentOs 8. In my experience, I discovered all the scripts to build ODK Central are based on Debian Linux. I broke many scripts trying to customize them to RHL. I never succeeded to setup ODK Central.

But would happy to learn from a successful RHL guru.

Paul

Yes ODK Central is compatible with CentOS v.8. First I set up docker and docker compose on our own server, then I follow instruction from here : https://docs.getodk.org/central-install-digital-ocean/#changing-server-settings for installation and it completes successfully.

I did not change ODK installation's file except the .env file that was suggested to be change during the process of installation.

1 Like

@Fay-debug96,

I seem not to get how the installation worked for you. For example, the command to install and setup Postgres is debian-based. So how did this work in CentOs 8?

Paul