Is there a function in xlsform to know if the form is used in the browser or in android app

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Is there a function I can use in xlsform to know if a form is opened in a browser (via Enketo) or is opened in an android app? I will use the result in a relevant to hide some questions.

I posted and was helped by the community regarding my problem of an easier way to select an item from a list of more than a thousand choices. Obviously the form in this post was opened in ODK Collect.

If this form was opened in Enketo, i do not need to do the above and I will hide this repeat group using a relevant based on the results of the function I am looking for. In Enketo, I will another method to display the long list and just take advantage of built-in autocomplete.

Thanks again.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

2 Likes

There is no such function that am aware of.

Not sure but can you try to explore the deviceid, one of the meta question.

2 Likes

I think I can use this. I inputted test data in both enketo and odk collect. Then I downloaded the data. Under the column deviceid i have the following values:

ee.kobotoolbox.org:1vFQA2UzUAmkc9wh

The first value was acquired when I used enketo.
The second value was acquired by using the android app.
As long as the form is used in these 2 environments exclusively, and assuming that these values are are computed in the same way, then this is very useful for me.

Thanks.

2 Likes