Is there a way I can pull data, display it in an input and modify it

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
Salutations, I'm currently working a form and feature that I am trying to implement function pulls data and it displays in the input. More specifically, how do I create an input in which it pull the data, then the user can modify it and save it.
I've been trying to use the calculations, but every time I use the forms and save them, they always revert to the calculations.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
I believe I'm using the current form.

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
I've been trying to use 2 calculate rows per input, but that removes the code. I need to the user to be able to save the form and their updates would be saved as opposed to using the calculations.

4. Upload any forms or screenshots you can share publicly below.
SampleData.xlsx (6.9 KB)
data.csv (150 Bytes)

Welcome to the ODK forum, @WorkingBigL! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

For the field the user can edit you'll want to use a default column (not calculation) to pre-populate the ${data_calculations} value.

2 Likes

As @danbjoseph says, you can use dynamic values in defaults. Those will be calculated once at form load time and then can be edited by users.

If you want to look up a value in an attached CSV based on something the user has answered, you'll likely want to use a combination of calculation and trigger. This will let you control when the calculation should be run. See the documentation for more details.

Thanks for solving my issue! It helped.