Issue with filter data on date

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

Filter ODK COLLECT data on date after 15th December does not work.

In fact filter data on any date format does not seem to work.
Is there a specific format in which the date value is to be specified?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I am using ODK Collect 2.0.3

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I have tried all kinds of date format, just like the one displayed as well.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

Try date filter with any ODK Collect data.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Would like support because teh data is getting too large and difficult to manage. Need to archive and delete or add filter for ease-of-use.

Hi @prabha, it's not clear to me your issue.
You need to filter data when viewing submitted surveys on ODK Aggregate?
Within a form, when filling a survey out in ODK Collect, you need to filter something?
You need to filter saved forms on the device?

I am sorry if my question was not clear.

On ODK Collect, I have a list of submissions and I am trying to create a filter based on a date field.
What is the format required for the date field. I have tried different date formats and it does not work.

Thanks

Prabhakar

Hi,

This is the type of fiter I am using on a date field. And it does filter the data. See secheernshot below.

Your specified date format - “12/15/2019” - is not correct. Relational comparisons in XForms/XPath are purely syntactic string compares. As a result your comparison needs to have the format “YYYYY-MM-DD”, which ensures an actual chronological comparison of two dates.

Try “2019-12-15” instead.

Super. Thanks...

Prabhakar