Issues getting started with odk collect

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed. I just installed ODK Collect but unable to get it started.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers. ODK Collect on Android

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem? Use it.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem? Guide to create form and use the form

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below. starting.

Hi @osmoses
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

I just installed ODK Collect but unable to get it started.

What do you mean? Do you run into a crash or something like that? Please provide more info.
If not and it's just lack of knowledge of ODK please read the documentation https://docs.opendatakit.org/collect-intro/

I am new. downloaded on my android with a move to start my form, generate my questions and start taking data.

what I discovered is I have the screen and no clue what to do. while reading the document, go a support that I needed a server, aggregate docs shows I can use a gcp which I also got but got hooked when I saw create in the document but the Google cloud has many create link with no direct mention of what to create. This has male me stuck as i am unable to use the collect ODK as at now.

I think you just need to spend more time on the documentation but if it's too difficult for you you can try videos like:

1 Like