1. What is the general goal of the feature?
Generate a backup without uploading to Google.
2. What are some example use cases for this feature?
Uploading backup data to Google is not allowed according to European law when personal data are involved, independent of encryption type. All clinics will refuse to upload any patient-related data - even anonymized - to Google. Primary concern is storage in non-safe states (according to the European Court) such as US and China, but even if Google storage in safe countries (EU + friends, minus Britain in future) can be assured, this is borderline legal.
3. What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
To make things simple:
- When no Google drive is provided, do not report an error, but store backup in data/transfer.
- Leave it to the system admin to move the backup to a safe storage if required.