Limit the number of choices in the group of multiple choice questions

Hi everyone,

I create a group of multiple choice questions. I want to limit the number of choices in the group.

Group 1 have 7 questions (From Q1 to Q7). Q1 has 5 choices, Q2 has 5 choices, Q3 has 6 choices, Q4 has 3 choices, Q5 has 5 choices, Q6 has 4 choices, Q7 has 7 choices. Questions in the group are not required to answer all. How to limit the number of choices in this question group to less than 6?

Thanks.

Take a look at the count-selected function. I would do something like calculate count-selected(q1) + count-selected(q2)... and use that as a constraint for the last question in the group. You can make your constraint message give instructions on how to fix the responses.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I calculated count-selected(q1) + count-selected(q2) + count-selected(q3) + count-selected(q4) + count-selected(q5) + count-selected(q6) + count-selected(q7). But i do not know how to set condition so that the sum is less than 6.

In XLS file, I set the Validation logic : count-selected(q1) + count-selected(q2) + count-selected(q3) + count-selected(q4) + count-selected(q5) + count-selected(q6) + count-selected(q7) < 6. But I still have 7 choices in the question group.

Do you have any way to help me?

Thanks.

Try the following:

Assuming your calculate variable name is "count_group"

Use a 'note' type after the 'calculate' type, the text could be "Can not select more than 6 items across questions Q1 through Q7" and have the note be required, and the relevant statement on the note be "${count_group}>6

The example I posted HERE uses a note to capture relevance across multiple questions.

1 Like

This is a great idea. Thank you very much.

Thanks for your help. But I want if I choose more than my limited number of choices, I will not be able to send the record. In your way, I still upload the record.

You can add a constraint on the note so that the form can't be sent unless the constraint passes.

1 Like