Missing columns when importing data from ODK Central to Power BI

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.

I was able to successfully connect Power BI to ODK Central. But when I tried to import data through an Odata feed, I am only seeing 7 columns out of the 1176 columns as shown in the Submission page. 6 out of 7 columns are meta data. Majority of these missing columns have data in them so I am not sure why they are not showing. Also, the number of rows show I was able to get successfully pull the 90 records submitted.

Any idea what else I need to check?

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?

I only did a research but I cant find an answer to my issue.

4. Upload any forms or screenshots you can share publicly below.

These are the only variables I see out of the 1176 columns.

Hi @dmpm .

Welcome to the ODK Forum, when you get the chance, kindly introduce yourself here.

From the screenshot, it seems you are looking at the data from the odata preview page.

Have you tried transforming the data in Power Query?

The columns are usually combined into groups based on your questionnaire, you may transform the data in Powerquery to extract columns within question groups.

1 Like

hello , I think we should see the data model , mostly if I'm not wrong , you are using group questions , so in data transformation editor you have to click on each question group and open the inside table , try downloading the data in CSV file , and see if the data is complete in the end

check this

1 Like