Missing Data in "Google Aggregate Server" and on "ODK Collect" it shown as sent

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Am missing data on my Google aggregate server but on ODK collect the forms are indicated as sent.
Is this recoverablesince i had already checked the option of send after delete?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK Collect V1.18.2
Aggregate v1.7.0

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Not sure if can be reproduced as its a one off problem which only appeared on Saturday 19th Jan 2019.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have rechecked all ODK settings but seem to okay

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here. Yes i have screenshots of odk collect and export results from Google Aggregate.
ODK%20Sent%20forms%20Log|281x500

KBL_RP_2019__BIA_POA__EB__results 20190123.csv (1.8 KB)

Hi,

Check in your collect, sometimes despite of selecting delete after sending, you may still find the sent form in the device. If you find that, try to resubmit.

I would suggest you upgrade to Aggregate v1.7.1 since you encountered some issue with earlier version following the procedures described in the documentation

Thanks

@A.N.M_AL-IMRAN thank you for response much appreciated. Where in collect should i check whether the forms are still there.
I was hesitant on upgrading Aggregate till we finish the project to avoid data loss. but will try

Hi @AlexKaranja,

Have you checked the incomplete submission tab in aggregate? I see that you have picture submission.

2 Likes

Hi @AlexKaranja,

Good idea to wait until the survey is done. However, if you take backup of your data using ODK briefcase, the data should be safe. As @dicksonsamwel mentioned you may check incomplete submission tab and check sent forms too.

Thanks

2 Likes

@dicksonsamwel you are a lifesaver the data was all there thank you for the enlightenment🙌. one question what would make it an incomplete submission?

2 Likes

@A.N.M_AL-IMRAN Thanks for this i have been backing up the data on a daily basis. i appreciate your insights on this @dicksonsamwel suggestion helped in locating the data.

1 Like

Hi @AlexKaranja,

Thanks. That happens when you have photos (attachment)in your form. With attachments sometimes the server acknowledgment on receiving the attachment get delayed depending on the server resources. But the photos are there. You are forced to manually complete them.

2 Likes

@dicksonsamwel thank you this is now understood

A post was split to a new topic: Aggregate CSV export has missing and corrupt values