Mix and match ODK-Collect with KoBoToolbox backend

1. What is the general goal of the feature?
I'd like to use ODK-Collect as my client (form filler) and KoBoToolbox as my server (form provisioning or at least form/data collection)

2. What are some example use cases for this feature?
Use the server for free from KoBoToolbox.org, while using a better form-filling tool from ODK-Collect

3. What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
I can test ODK-Collect with KoBoToolbox, and I can possibly document the experience

=====
Let me say that this falls somewhere between a new feature request and tech support question. I tried the Support section, but the template was not a good match. Here is a little closer.

The bottom line is that my graduate research is not funded, and I don't want to invest $169 x 24-36 months in an account which will get very low activity for a server (I should get ~1000 forms a month). I realize this undercuts your income stream and I apologize for that in advance. On the other hand, having a standard so people have more choices is a good thing, and people with a budget will elect to use the best product with the best customer support, even if there are free alternatives.

1 Like

Is self hosting an option for you? There are excellent docs available and you're welcome to ask for help here.

KoBo Collect is literally a copy of ODK Collect with a KoBo icon and KoBo URLs. The only meaningful differences are that it's a few months behind ODK Collect and there is no Google Drive support.

You can use either KoBo Collect or ODK Collect with KoBoToolbox.

Thanks for responding and clarifying.

@Florian_May

Sorry, but no, self hosting is not a practical option for me at the moment.