Multiple volumes, same database

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
$ find /var/lib/docker/volumes/ -name pg_hba.conf
| grep -v "$CENTRAL_NEW_DB" | wc -l
I am following these steps and I get 24 voluments and not one and put notify support. https://docs.getodk.org/central-troubleshooting/#database-reset-after-running-docker-command

We'll need more information before we can help. What version of Central are you using? Is it stock or customized? Do you have a full machine backup you can restore to?

Thas right, sorry my fault,

versions:
24ee74e5f974a518aa1cc8b06e7addb3be6b4690 (v1.3.3-2-g24ee74e)
5cc6fd79d112ce36d6298c61bb8817689c4c323b client (v1.3.2)
1d1a3a59969e61383da74119e405e67778b7a170 server (v1.3.3)
  • The database is standard don't change PostgreSQL 9.6 (part of the docker-compose)
  • Yes, I've SQL dump.sql (because I don't know if there exist other types of backup).

Hello, do you have any kind of procedure when this kind of problem happens?

The procedure is outlined at https://docs.getodk.org/central-troubleshooting/#database-reset-after-running-docker-command. Essentially you have to find which of the 24 volumes is the likely correct one.

Are you running multiple applications on that machine or just Central?

Hi @yanokwa ,
Yes, I have followed this procedure, but since there are so many volumes, it is difficult to know which one is the correct one.

You could make an export of the database and then modify the docker-compose to insert the dump at startup, but it gives some failures.

Are you running multiple applications on that machine or just Central?

No only one odk-central

Any idea? or maybe is better upgrade the version ? but do you have any advice on how to determine the right volume?

You should definitely fix this first before upgrading.

One thing you can try is to find the biggest folder. It's likely the primary database.

find /var/lib/docker/volumes/ -name pg_hba.conf 2>/dev/null | xargs -I {} sh -c 'du -sh $(dirname {})' | sort -h