Noise data collection

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I want to collect noise data in Decibels but cannot find the appropriate widget to use
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hey @solomon ,

I would like that you can collect data in decimal as well. Here is more documentation about decimal. You need to search about decimal and you will get your answer.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Thanks @iamnarendrasingh I meant sound measurement in Decibels(dB) not Decimal.

Hi @solomon
we don't have such a widget. You can create a new topic in Features and describe your case.
Another option would be to find/create an external app that we could use in Collect via our external widgets.

2 Likes

@solomon just to add to what @Grzesiek2010 is suggesting, one possible approach would be to create a form that includes a Number widget for the dB value. The data collectors could measure the noise level where they are using an sound level app (or even better an actual Sound level meter) and then enter that dB number into the form.

As a heads-up, if you're trying to record dB accurately you need to make sure the apps you use are calibrated correctly for the device's microphone. Again, using purpose built Sound level meters might be a good idea.

2 Likes

Thanks @Grzesiek2010

Very helpful. Thank you @seadowg