English, the not(selected) statement is working again. On the other hand,
the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I switch between
languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is sensitive to the
language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and how can this be
solved?

Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy

to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains the
same.

··· El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: > > Dear all, > > I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance field > with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to Spanish (in > the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) statement is not > working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch back to Default or > English, the not(selected) statement is working again. On the other hand, > the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I switch between > languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is sensitive to the > language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and how can this be > solved? > > Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >

Hi Gabriel,

I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch back
to English or Default Language. Very strange.

Regards,

Eddy

··· On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: > > > to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains the > same. > > > > > > > El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >> >> Dear all, >> >> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance field >> with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to Spanish (in >> the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) statement is not >> working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch back to Default or >> English, the not(selected) statement is working again. On the other hand, >> the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I switch between >> languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is sensitive to the >> language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and how can this be >> solved? >> >> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >> >

I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select)
funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default
language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would
again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I
didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Loop_with_not_selected.xls (37.5 KB)

··· On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: > > Hi Gabriel, > > I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch back > to English or Default Language. Very strange. > > Regards, > > Eddy > > On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >> >> >> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains the >> same. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>> >>> Dear all, >>> >>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance field >>> with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to Spanish (in >>> the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) statement is not >>> working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch back to Default or >>> English, the not(selected) statement is working again. On the other hand, >>> the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I switch between >>> languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is sensitive to the >>> language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and how can this be >>> solved? >>> >>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>> >>

I solved the problem this way:
yo solucionaría el problema de esta manera:

not(selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'horse') or
selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'by hand') or
selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'donkey'))

Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no importa
el idioma que usted escoja.
as these do not change, no matter what language you choose.

··· El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: > > I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select) > funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default > language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would > again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I > didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback. > > Kind regards, > > Eddy > > On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: >> >> Hi Gabriel, >> >> I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch back >> to English or Default Language. Very strange. >> >> Regards, >> >> Eddy >> >> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>> >>> >>> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains the >>> same. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>> >>>> Dear all, >>>> >>>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance >>>> field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to >>>> Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) >>>> statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch >>>> back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. >>>> On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I >>>> switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is >>>> sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and >>>> how can this be solved? >>>> >>>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>>> >>>

Thanks for helping, but your sollution does not work. I gives an error. I
see the problem: In the loop-repeat, I am forcing the form to use only one
value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this moment,
the value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I can
reset the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, by
using the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this.

Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated!

··· On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: > > I solved the problem this way: > yo solucionaría el problema de esta manera: > > not(selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'horse') or > selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'by hand') or > selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'donkey')) > > > > Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no importa > el idioma que usted escoja. > as these do not change, no matter what language you choose. > > El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >> >> I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select) >> funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default >> language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would >> again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I >> didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback. >> >> Kind regards, >> >> Eddy >> >> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: >>> >>> Hi Gabriel, >>> >>> I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch >>> back to English or Default Language. Very strange. >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> Eddy >>> >>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains the >>>> same. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>> >>>>> Dear all, >>>>> >>>>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance >>>>> field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to >>>>> Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) >>>>> statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch >>>>> back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. >>>>> On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I >>>>> switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is >>>>> sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and >>>>> how can this be solved? >>>>> >>>>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>>>> >>>>

The formula in row 10 should use ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} instead of
${crops_energ_soilprep_name}.

The former is the non-localized choice name, the later is the in-use
locallized name.

··· On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eddy Rellum <4estsense@gmail.com> wrote:

value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this moment,
the value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I can
reset the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, by
using the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this.

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote:

Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no importa
el idioma que usted escoja.

El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió:

funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default
language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would
again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I
didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Eddy

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote:

Hi Gabriel,

I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch
back to English or Default Language. Very strange.

Regards,

Eddy

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote:

to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains
the same.

El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió:

Dear all,

I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance
field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to
Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected)
statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch
back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again.
On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I
switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is
sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and
how can this be solved?

--
--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks Mitch, but I tried this and XLSForms gives me an error which I do
not entirely understand (somthing with String, se below). I guess it has to
do with the fact that 'calculate' in row 10 results in a number, not in a
string (?). When I try to select the value in ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} I
get an error from the XLSForm like stated below:

Error: ODK Validate Errors: org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error
evaluating field 'test': java.lang.Double cannot be cast to
java.lang.String => java.lang.ClassCastException[java.lang.Double cannot be
cast to java.lang.String]

Kind regards,

··· On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:59:51 PM UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > The formula in row 10 should use ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} instead of > ${crops_energ_soilprep_name}. > > The former is the non-localized choice name, the later is the in-use > locallized name. > > > > > On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eddy Rellum <4est...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Thanks for helping, but your sollution does not work. I gives an error. I >> see the problem: In the loop-repeat, I am forcing the form to use only one >> value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this moment, >> the value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I can >> reset the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, by >> using the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this. >> >> Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated! >> >> >> >> >> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>> >>> I solved the problem this way: >>> yo solucionaría el problema de esta manera: >>> >>> not(selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'horse') or >>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'by hand') or >>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'donkey')) >>> >>> >>> >>> Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no >>> importa el idioma que usted escoja. >>> as these do not change, no matter what language you choose. >>> >>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>> >>>> I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select) >>>> funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default >>>> language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would >>>> again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I >>>> didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback. >>>> >>>> Kind regards, >>>> >>>> Eddy >>>> >>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi Gabriel, >>>>> >>>>> I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch >>>>> back to English or Default Language. Very strange. >>>>> >>>>> Regards, >>>>> >>>>> Eddy >>>>> >>>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains >>>>>> the same. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Dear all, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance >>>>>>> field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to >>>>>>> Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) >>>>>>> statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch >>>>>>> back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. >>>>>>> On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I >>>>>>> switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is >>>>>>> sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and >>>>>>> how can this be solved? >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>>>>>> >>>>>> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >

Try casting to a string with string(/path/to/node).

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Eddy Rellum 4estsense@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Mitch, but I tried this and XLSForms gives me an error which I do not
entirely understand (somthing with String, se below). I guess it has to do
with the fact that 'calculate' in row 10 results in a number, not in a
string (?). When I try to select the value in ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} I
get an error from the XLSForm like stated below:

Error: ODK Validate Errors: org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error
evaluating field 'test': java.lang.Double cannot be cast to java.lang.String
=> java.lang.ClassCastException[java.lang.Double cannot be cast to
java.lang.String]

Kind regards,

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:59:51 PM UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote:

The formula in row 10 should use ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} instead of
${crops_energ_soilprep_name}.

The former is the non-localized choice name, the later is the in-use
locallized name.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eddy Rellum 4est...@gmail.com wrote:

value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this moment, the
value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I can reset
the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, by using
the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this.

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote:

Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no
importa el idioma que usted escoja.

El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió:

funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default language.
I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would again cause
problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I didn't
experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Eddy

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote:

Hi Gabriel,

I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch
back to English or Default Language. Very strange.

Regards,

Eddy

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote:

to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains
the same.

El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió:

Dear all,

I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance
field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to Spanish
(in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) statement is
not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch back to Default
or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. On the other hand,
the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I switch between
languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is sensitive to the
language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and how can this be
solved?

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com

"ODK Community" group.
email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

"ODK Community" group.
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

works for me this way.

see attached.

Loop_with_not_selected.xls (29.5 KB)

··· El viernes, 20 de junio de 2014 12:51:24 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: > > Thanks Mitch, but I tried this and XLSForms gives me an error which I do > not entirely understand (somthing with String, se below). I guess it has to > do with the fact that 'calculate' in row 10 results in a number, not in a > string (?). When I try to select the value in ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} I > get an error from the XLSForm like stated below: > > Error: ODK Validate Errors: org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error > evaluating field 'test': java.lang.Double cannot be cast to > java.lang.String => java.lang.ClassCastException[java.lang.Double cannot be > cast to java.lang.String] > > Kind regards, > > > > > > > On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:59:51 PM UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >> >> The formula in row 10 should use ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} instead of >> ${crops_energ_soilprep_name}. >> >> The former is the non-localized choice name, the later is the in-use >> locallized name. >> >> >> >> >> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eddy Rellum <4est...@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> Thanks for helping, but your sollution does not work. I gives an error. >>> I see the problem: In the loop-repeat, I am forcing the form to use only >>> one value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this >>> moment, the value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I >>> can reset the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, >>> by using the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this. >>> >>> Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated! >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>> >>>> I solved the problem this way: >>>> yo solucionaría el problema de esta manera: >>>> >>>> not(selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'horse') or >>>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'by hand') or >>>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'donkey')) >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no >>>> importa el idioma que usted escoja. >>>> as these do not change, no matter what language you choose. >>>> >>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>> >>>>> I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select) >>>>> funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default >>>>> language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would >>>>> again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I >>>>> didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback. >>>>> >>>>> Kind regards, >>>>> >>>>> Eddy >>>>> >>>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hi Gabriel, >>>>>> >>>>>> I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch >>>>>> back to English or Default Language. Very strange. >>>>>> >>>>>> Regards, >>>>>> >>>>>> Eddy >>>>>> >>>>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains >>>>>>> the same. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Dear all, >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance >>>>>>>> field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to >>>>>>>> Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) >>>>>>>> statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch >>>>>>>> back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. >>>>>>>> On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I >>>>>>>> switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is >>>>>>>> sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and >>>>>>>> how can this be solved? >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>> -- >>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> --- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> Mitch Sundt >> Software Engineer >> University of Washington >> mitche...@gmail.com >> >

Thanks again Yaw and Gabriel,

It still not working. I don't know what it is. About the string solution I
don't know how to use this. I leave it like this because this all costs me
too much time to solve. Anyway, thanks again for the fast responses, very
kind.

Kind regards,

Eddy

··· On Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:55:57 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: > > > works for me this way. > > see attached. > > > > > > El viernes, 20 de junio de 2014 12:51:24 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >> >> Thanks Mitch, but I tried this and XLSForms gives me an error which I do >> not entirely understand (somthing with String, se below). I guess it has to >> do with the fact that 'calculate' in row 10 results in a number, not in a >> string (?). When I try to select the value in ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} I >> get an error from the XLSForm like stated below: >> >> Error: ODK Validate Errors: org.javarosa.core.log.WrappedException: Error >> evaluating field 'test': java.lang.Double cannot be cast to >> java.lang.String => java.lang.ClassCastException[java.lang.Double cannot be >> cast to java.lang.String] >> >> Kind regards, >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:59:51 PM UTC+2, Mitch Sundt wrote: >>> >>> The formula in row 10 should use ${crops_energ_soilprep_id} instead of >>> ${crops_energ_soilprep_name}. >>> >>> The former is the non-localized choice name, the later is the in-use >>> locallized name. >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Eddy Rellum <4est...@gmail.com> wrote: >>> >>>> Thanks for helping, but your sollution does not work. I gives an error. >>>> I see the problem: In the loop-repeat, I am forcing the form to use only >>>> one value at the time, while setting this value to a string. On this >>>> moment, the value becomes language dependant. So I need to find a way how I >>>> can reset the selected value to a language independant value (as you said, >>>> by using the 'name' column). I can't figure out how I can do this. >>>> >>>> Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated! >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:30:47 PM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>>> >>>>> I solved the problem this way: >>>>> yo solucionaría el problema de esta manera: >>>>> >>>>> not(selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'horse') or >>>>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'by hand') or >>>>> selected(${crops_energ_soilprep_id}, 'donkey')) >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Utilizando "crops_energ_soilprep_id" ya que estos no cambian, no >>>>> importa el idioma que usted escoja. >>>>> as these do not change, no matter what language you choose. >>>>> >>>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 04:39:06 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>>> >>>>>> I have attached a file with a loop-repeat function and a not(select) >>>>>> funtion. The no(select) function only works in English and Default >>>>>> language. I can change the selection to the spanish labels, but this would >>>>>> again cause problems for the English version. What can be the problem? I >>>>>> didn't experience this problem before. Thanks for the feedback. >>>>>> >>>>>> Kind regards, >>>>>> >>>>>> Eddy >>>>>> >>>>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:43:29 AM UTC+2, Eddy Rellum wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hi Gabriel, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I did this, but it doesn't seem to work either... Only when I switch >>>>>>> back to English or Default Language. Very strange. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Regards, >>>>>>> >>>>>>> Eddy >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:30:18 AM UTC+2, Gabriel Alvarado wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> to work properly I use the name value, this in any language remains >>>>>>>> the same. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> El jueves, 19 de junio de 2014 02:18:54 UTC-6, Eddy Rellum escribió: >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Dear all, >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> I have made a form with a not(selected) statement in the relevance >>>>>>>>> field with a reference to a label. I also set my default language to >>>>>>>>> Spanish (in the excel settings-tab). It seems that the not(selected) >>>>>>>>> statement is not working anymore with the spanish language. If I switch >>>>>>>>> back to Default or English, the not(selected) statement is working again. >>>>>>>>> On the other hand, the Select-functions always seem to work, even when I >>>>>>>>> switch between languages. So it seems that the not(selected) statement is >>>>>>>>> sensitive to the language of the label. Has anyone experience with this and >>>>>>>>> how can this be solved? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Thanks! Kind regards, Eddy >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> -- >>>> -- >>>> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>>> --- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "ODK Community" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> Mitch Sundt >>> Software Engineer >>> University of Washington >>> mitche...@gmail.com >>> >>