Note widget - remove fields from download?

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have several note widgets in my collect form that merely give additional text details to the user on certain screens. These notes appear as columns/fields in the downloaded data from Central but are not necessary. Is there a way in Collect to mark them as such so that don't get included in the data download? I don't see any option in the docs for Collect or Central so perhaps it is not an option currently?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Current versions of Collect 1.30.1 and Central 1.1.2

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @Carl_Schaefer, and welcome to the ODK Forum! This is not currently an option, but we will have heard similar requests in the past and will keep this in mind. There is also related discussion here (though that thread is for ODK Aggregate, not ODK Central).

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew_White and thanks for the response. This is what I figured but just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing something in the docs. Not a big deal functionally, but just trying to avoid some bloat and column/field confusion on the database management side.
Cheers,
Carl

2 Likes