ODK 2 Community Call - 2018-12-04

The ODK 2 TSC has been established. This is our first public call! These calls will be used to discuss roadmaps, governance, technical issues, and community concerns. Everyone is encouraged to join and participate; these calls are intended to be driven by the community. But only TSC members may vote.

This call will be held December 4th, 15:00-16:00 UTC (see in your timezone) in our Uber conference room.

Notes from our previous call are available in this document.

If there are topics you would like to add to the agenda, please comment below :point_down:

2 Likes

I would like to add two topics to the agenda:

1. Selecting a project management tool. As discussed in the last call, we are learning towards using Github. Before this next call I will investigate other options and present my findings. If you have any opinions on this matter, please let me know.
  2. Improving the learning curve. If this gets bumped from the agenda in favor of more pressing issues as the TSC establishes its guidelines then that's fine, but I would like to get to this when we have time. We have some improvements to the documentation that @elmps2018 and her team submitted that need to be integrated into the main documentation. I have also received requests that we make some introductory videos, and was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on that.
2 Likes

@Jeff_Beorse Are the notes and audio from today's call available somewhere?

@linl33 took notes and will have them up probably tomorrow.

2 Likes

Also I should add that once Li has his notes I plan to put them both in one document owned opendatakit.

I did not receive any audio recording of the call (but as @W_Brunette says @linl33 took notes). Is there somewhere I can find it? All I received was the call summary with a list of participants and chat logs.

Below is the link to the consolidated/updated minutes document:

1 Like