ODK Aggregate queries

Hello! I have some inquiries related to ODK Aggregate.Frist of all does I need to remove the previous form from "fill blank form" option in smartphone whenever I will going to add the latest downloaded same form from ODK Aggregate.
Secondly is it possible to edit the submission forms on the odk in the smartphone? or If I have an excel file in which there will be some edition may I edit them through ODK in the smartphone?
Looking for your reply.
Regards,
Bithi

For your first question: You can change update version number in your settings sheet then you need not to delete form.
For the second question: Yes there is a option in ODK Collect (Edit save form) in this you can edit your form, but once you submitted your data on the server you can edit that data in excel sheet.
Best way to edit your primary data is imported CSV sheet into your software(R<python, Stata, SPSS) and update it.

Narendra

Changing the form version number only works when there is no structural change (e.g., a new question) in the form. If there is a change, then you’ll need to upload a new form and disable downloads of the old form.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.As I understand that if my 1st version name is supposed magic_00 then in the updated version I will rename them into magic_01 if but my question is in such case there will be two from in the "fill blank form" which might be confused the enumerators.

for my 2nd inquiry is it possible to export the CSV file (which was already imported from the aggregate) into XML and upload them into odk aggregate or odk collector so that when any enumerator enters the existing response id in the blank form they will able to see all information under the response id and could edit them.

If enumerators are already in the field then you should not change your form because it's a not a good practice that you will update your forms when your data collections are under process.

For second question i don't know any tricks that will do this " is it possible to export the CSV file (which was already imported from the aggregate) into XML and upload them into odk aggregate or odk collector so that when any enumerator enters the existing response id in the blank form they will able to see all information under the response id and could edit them."

What change did you do this your form this is important question and also it's 100% sure that once you will upload 2 form on the server, so for this you can remove old form and upload new forms as I am aware of filed work as i am in a project(pma2020/India) and I do believe that you are also working in this. So, being safer side we do regress resting of forms before launching them in the field. And by mistaken data collector made any kind of error or mistake then we export our data into Stata and work on do file so we can see the log of changes which has been made by Data Managers while doing data cleaning.
So, you can update your CSV file after inserting into your dataset into analysis software.

Narendra