1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Aggregate VM sets up successfully and can be accessed via the browser and port 8080, however ODK aggregate does not function as expected. Errors such as "Unable to retrieve granted authorities of USER_IS_ANONYMOUS appear" and some functionality such as changing user rights or exporting data does not work. It is however possible to connect with a mobile device and download forms and submit data.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Orcale VirtualBox version 6.0
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Using different previous versions of VirtualBox and ODK Aggregate (very old versions work fully but no recent ones)
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Steps as decribed here https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-vm/
The first thing to notice is that the login dialogue box does not appear by default.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I haven't been able to find previous posts with a similar error but possibly there is an obvious answers that I don't see being more of a data than an IT person. If anyone has ideas of directions to look in that would be much appreciated. If anyone has successfully done the setup with the latest ODK aggregate VM version (2.0.5), that would also be very useful to know.