Odk apache 2 Licence

Hi all ,
first I would like to thank you for your work on ODK.

I have a small question about the license apache2 on which odk is registered.
Baiscally I would like to put a link on my website to allow my user to download ODK collect ( without any change, just the KPI) .

So I go through the apache licenses doc, and I see this :

Redistribution.
You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.

So I guess as I will do no change, I have nothing to do right ?

Best regards

Martin

Yes, you may redistribute Collect as-is. I would highly encourage you to link to https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/releases instead of hosting the APK yourself since improvements are periodically released.

1 Like