ODK Briefcase not pulling data

Hi there!

Just to give you all a background - I am using ODK briefcase to pull data from several devices and for that I have recreated ODK folder structure where I copied the XML forms in forms directory and all the instances in the instances direcory - exactly how it would be on a phone. Now, this worked great the first time I used it. Now, whatever I do, it is not pulling the data from custom ODK directory to the briefcase - I get a success messgae but it just doesn't pull anything. I checked the physical directories within ODK Briefcase Storage and there is nothing in the instances folder.

Now, to fix this, I have checked my source directory - they are all fine and instances exist. I also tried this by creating a new ODK storage directory. Also tried downloading a new copy of briefcase. Tried on different computers (PC and Mac). Nothing worked.

I will appreciate any help that I can get through this forum. Thanks.
Mandy

Mandy,

And what happens if you try to pull data from a phone/tablet or from
the /odk folder copied from a phone/tablet?

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? http://nafundi.com provides form design, server setup, professional support, and software development for ODK.

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 2:56 AM, manmohak@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there!

Just to give you all a background - I am using ODK briefcase to pull data from several devices and for that I have recreated ODK folder structure where I copied the XML forms in forms directory and all the instances in the instances direcory - exactly how it would be on a phone. Now, this worked great the first time I used it. Now, whatever I do, it is not pulling the data from custom ODK directory to the briefcase - I get a success messgae but it just doesn't pull anything. I checked the physical directories within ODK Briefcase Storage and there is nothing in the instances folder.

Now, to fix this, I have checked my source directory - they are all fine and instances exist. I also tried this by creating a new ODK storage directory. Also tried downloading a new copy of briefcase. Tried on different computers (PC and Mac). Nothing worked.

I will appreciate any help that I can get through this forum. Thanks.
Mandy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Yaw,

It does work when pulled from Aggregate server directly over internet. It doesn't work, however, when pulled from the tablet, or ODK folder from SDCard either.

Thanks for your help.
Mandy

What Android OS version is on the device?

··· On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 8:24 PM, wrote:

Hi Yaw,

It does work when pulled from Aggregate server directly over internet. It
doesn't work, however, when pulled from the tablet, or ODK folder from
SDCard either.

Thanks for your help.
Mandy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com