ODK Briefcase v1.11.1.jar issue

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
ODK Briefcase v1.11.1 does not open up and displays following error:
28%20PM

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
macOS High Sierra v10.13.4

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
You may want to check the log

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I fixed the problem by deleting cache.ser file from ODK Briefcase Storage folder before I click to open briefcase every time.
Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
briefcase.log.txt (2.2 KB)

Thanks for your crash report, @asocrai! It seems like you were able to recover from it by deleting the cache file. You mention that you do it every time before starting Briefcase. Does it keep failing if you don't do that?

Also, we release a new patch with some improvements that could solve the issue for you. Could you download and try v1.11.2 from here? https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/releases/tag/v1.11.2

Anyway, I've checked the log file you've attached and I see you have experienced a known issue when duplicate forms are detected by Briefcase. We're seeing more reports of this and we will try to solve the issue eventually. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it keeps failing if I don't delete the cache file. And you are right about duplicate forms. I have to download the datasets from same form at regular intervals. I will definitely download the updated version of briefcase.

Many thanks for your response. @ggalmazor :slight_smile:

1 Like