ODK Build not saving properly. Anyone else?

Good morning.
I had some problems with saving my work on ODK build on Saturday, but
decided maybe the site was in maintenance or something, and moved on to
other catchup work I had planned for the day.

However, today again, it isn't saving correctly for me. I start a new
form, name it, add a few fields and it saves. But things added after that
initial save and NOT getting saved.

HELP. Anyone else seeing this?

Just tested again this morning
Same problem
If I open an existing form, any additions/edits are not saved

No one else ??? gakkk.... I even created a new ODK build user account
and have the same problem.

··· On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-4, Ruth Little wrote: > > Good morning. > I had some problems with saving my work on ODK build on Saturday, but > decided maybe the site was in maintenance or something, and moved on to > other catchup work I had planned for the day. > > However, today again, it isn't saving correctly for me. I start a new > form, name it, add a few fields and it saves. But things added after that > initial save and NOT getting saved. > > HELP. Anyone else seeing this? >

Hi Ruth,

Sorry to hear you are having problems!

Can you please file an issue at
https://github.com/opendatakit/build/issues/new and be detailed about
the steps you take so we can reproduce the problem? Please also
include your operating system and the browser you are using.

Thanks,

Yaw

··· On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Ruth Little wrote: > Just tested again this morning > Same problem > If I open an existing form, any additions/edits are not saved > > No one else ??? gakkk.... I even created a new ODK build user account and > have the same problem. > > > On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-4, Ruth Little wrote: >> >> Good morning. >> I had some problems with saving my work on ODK build on Saturday, but >> decided maybe the site was in maintenance or something, and moved on to >> other catchup work I had planned for the day. >> >> However, today again, it isn't saving correctly for me. I start a new >> form, name it, add a few fields and it saves. But things added after that >> initial save and NOT getting saved. >> >> HELP. Anyone else seeing this? > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ruth:

I just took a look and couldn't reproduce or locate your problem. I'd love
to ask you a few questions if I may email you directly?

Thanks,
Clint

··· On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

Hi Ruth,

Sorry to hear you are having problems!

Can you please file an issue at
https://github.com/opendatakit/build/issues/new and be detailed about
the steps you take so we can reproduce the problem? Please also
include your operating system and the browser you are using.

Thanks,

Yaw

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Ruth Little ruthl@kestrel-tech.com wrote:

Just tested again this morning
Same problem
If I open an existing form, any additions/edits are not saved

No one else ??? gakkk.... I even created a new ODK build user account
and
have the same problem.

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-4, Ruth Little wrote:

Good morning.
I had some problems with saving my work on ODK build on Saturday, but
decided maybe the site was in maintenance or something, and moved on to
other catchup work I had planned for the day.

However, today again, it isn't saving correctly for me. I start a new
form, name it, add a few fields and it saves. But things added after
that

initial save and NOT getting saved.

HELP. Anyone else seeing this?

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

So Dear Little,

I encountered the same problem.

I think you can try a small crooked way I used to sort this out.

My situation: I was working on a form, it had 10 questions and one
particular question had 49 options and I saved the form. Bingo, I had to
start from scratch the next time I logged in.

Solution: I like explaining things in step wise, please bare with me.

*Step 1: *Go to

*Step 3: *Click

*"File"Step 4: *Click -

*"Open form"Step 5: *Select the form you were working on. Say for example

  • "saturday's form"*
    Step 6: Start working on it. Meaning, complete the form.

Step 7: Click "File" again

Step 8: Click "Save Form As"

Step 9: Rename the file. Say for example "Saturday's form v2"

Step 10: Then log out.

And then log in again to see if the changes you made are present.

Test this by adding only a couple of questions. It worked for me, hope it
works for you as well.* All the best. Let me know if it solved your
problem. *

··· On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:01:32 AM UTC+5:30, Clint Tseng wrote: > > Hi Ruth: > > I just took a look and couldn't reproduce or locate your problem. I'd love > to ask you a few questions if I may email you directly? > > Thanks, > Clint > > On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> Hi Ruth, >> >> Sorry to hear you are having problems! >> >> Can you please file an issue at >> https://github.com/opendatakit/build/issues/new and be detailed about >> the steps you take so we can reproduce the problem? Please also >> include your operating system and the browser you are using. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Yaw >> >> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Ruth Little wrote: >> > Just tested again this morning >> > Same problem >> > If I open an existing form, any additions/edits are not saved >> > >> > No one else ??? gakkk.... I even created a new ODK build user >> account and >> > have the same problem. >> > >> > >> > On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-4, Ruth Little wrote: >> >> >> >> Good morning. >> >> I had some problems with saving my work on ODK build on Saturday, but >> >> decided maybe the site was in maintenance or something, and moved on to >> >> other catchup work I had planned for the day. >> >> >> >> However, today again, it isn't saving correctly for me. I start a new >> >> form, name it, add a few fields and it saves. But things added after >> that >> >> initial save and NOT getting saved. >> >> >> >> HELP. Anyone else seeing this? >> > >> > -- >> > -- >> > Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > >> > --- >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >> Groups >> > "ODK Community" group. >> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >> an >> > email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > >