1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Originally reported by @Thalie at https://github.com/ropensci/ruODK/issues/30#issuecomment-831171343
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central versions - @Thalie?
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
ruODK tests run against a production server, so I'm not immensely keen to crash it on purpose.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Thalie reports this behaviour from
ruODK::submission_export being called with an incorrect passphrase against an encrypted form.
These are the unit tests for ruODK::submission_export with encrypted forms: https://github.com/ropensci/ruODK/blob/main/tests/testthat/test-submission_export.R#L104
I do not have tests with an incorrect passphrase which then crash the server.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
- ODK Central not to crash
- ODK Central to return an informative http status and error message when the passphrase is incorrect - unless this is a security risk (brute force attacks?)
- What ODK Central version are you using?
- What are the server logs at the time of the crashes?