ODK Central - change to encrypted form once already started data collection breaks submissions

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

User project on ODK Central.
They collected X submissions via Enketo.
Then they turned on encryption for the Project.
Now you dont seem to be able to submit new forms.

If you create a new form within the project that works fine.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

versions:
647569c54f6bbf26ea356eca0d14f7e5d1a89c6b
cddb691e40e84aabff87b9d427e22a50282d6f99 client (v1.1.2)
a33bc6fb3c34fe38894b0e9d0bb404f81da325e6 server (v1.1.1)

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

As outlined above new forms work fine, just the form which was already live and had some submissions before encryption doesnt work.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

Try the above!

Hi @dr_michaelmarks!

What happens when they send new submissions? Does Central not accept the submission, or does a different issue arise? Is an error message shown?

Also, is Enketo being accessed by a web user from within Central, or is it being accessed from a public access link?

I tried to reproduce the issue, but I wasn't able to. If you have additional details about the issue or how to reproduce it, that would be very helpful. The steps I took were:

• Create a new project. Upload and publish a form.
  • Create a public access link for the form.
  • Send a submission using Enketo as a web user, then send another submission using the public access link.
  • Encrypt the project.
  • Send another pair of submissions.
  • All four submissions are visible under the Submissions tab, and the more recent pair of submissions is marked as encrypted. I'm also able to download a CSV file.