1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I'm one of those folks who deploy ODK Central in non-standard ways, and promptly run face first into invisible walls where our IT infrastructure collides with Central's solution architecture (and assumptions). I'm not tech savvy in matters of infrastructure, so most errors don't make any sense to me whatsoever, and I'm often about to lose my will to live before a kind soul points me into the right direction.
Does this sound familiar to you? Then you're a future author of posts with the tag "unexpected errors with non-standard deployments".
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central v 0.4 through 1.2
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Read docs, forum, code, talk to our IT, ask here for help.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Deploy ODK Central in ways that are compliant to internal IT doctrine/infra/cool-aid flavour of the day, but different to the official setup.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Suggestion: create a well-named tag for unusual solutions to unusual setups.
Or: create tags for anything that's non-standard about the setup - "External DB with TLS/SSL", "corporate proxy".