ODK Central in a Windows server

Hello Good people.

Probably someone has asked/answered this before: Can I run ODK on a Windows server? And if so could someone kindly refer me to a resource on the installation and configuration? Thanks in advance

Hi Felix,

I believe ODK Central is made available as a docker container ready to be deployed on a docker host - which is available for both linux and windows.

Have you checked out:
https://docs.opendatakit.org/central-install/

Best regards
Emil

1 Like

Thanks @Emil today I've tried to work on this in windows and failed. I managed to install docker, clone and start the central_nginx_1 but on the browser it says connection refused. Im running on the localhost See here

and

1 Like

Hello,

It seems nginx is unable to start because of some configuration problem and/or that it is missing one of the other docker images. What does the odk.conf file say in line 26? Are the other odk docker images in your list not able to start? (I'm thinking central_service_1 should be running and available for nginx to see before nginx can start - perhaps that is the host that nginx claims is missing?)

(I should note I haven't tried to run Odk central on windows myself, so if anybody else has suggestions please join in ;-))

One thing that has played tricks on me in windows though, is the line endings (git will per default substitute linux line endings with windows line endings unless configured to leave them as-is) - perhaps that is why the docker images apparently fail to start (linux shell scripts are particularly vulnerable to line ending issues)?

Best regards

Emil

Thanks. You were right. central_service_1 was offline - i've booted it up but the problem still persists. The EOL issues of DOS-Linux I had sorted earlier so what remains is that the central_nginx_1 is running bu connection is refused on the browser... @Clint_Tseng you can help? ....:confused:

Hello,
Did you start the containers separately one by one or did you use docker compose? I believe they should be started all together using docker compose for their internal network to function?

Best
Emil

1 Like