ODK Central limit of 100 columns (questions) on Form

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have uploaded a questionnaire form to ODK Central with 385 columns and I can only add 100 of them. Reading the "ODK Central Memory Issues" entry I tried increasing capacity to 4GB (memory)/80GB (space) and still cannot add all questions/column to my form when in ODK Central.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central v1.1.2 on Digital Ocean droplet
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Increasing capacity of the droplet from 1GB/25GB to 4GB/80GB
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Unsure, but you can have access to form
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
The form has no media files. It had an audio file with which I had problem uploading, so I took it out to try out.

Central has no limit on the number of questions you can add to a form. How are you determining that there is a limit?

Hi @Ma_Isabel_Santana! Like @yanokwa said, there is no limit on the number of questions you can add to your form. However, when you view the submissions table in ODK Central in your web browser, you are currently only able to view up to 100 columns at a time. You can choose which columns to show using the "Column shown" dropdown. When you download your data as CSV or analyze it via OData, that will include all of the questions in the form. The amount of memory does not affect the number of columns that you can view in the web browser, but it may affect the CSV download or the OData export.

1 Like

Dear @yanokwa and @Matthew_White, many thanks for your response. I wasn't sure what the problem was, and I went ahead and arranged ODK Aggregate as well. I had experience with it in the past and was more comfortable using it as I am running against the clock with the project I am implementing at the moment. I am still using ODK Central, as the quick preview is really nice to check that everything works and to revise the form. Many thanks for your response.