1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I was successful in following the excellent instructions to get ODK central installed on a DigitalOcean Droplet with a DNS registered through GoDaddy. I was able to access the Central instance to upload forms, submit and view data using Chrome, ODK Collect and through R using the ruODK library. I was very pleased because it is so much more functional than Aggregate
After some time working with it today and no configuration changes the central instance abruptly stopped working on all platforms. The login to Central returned the error "Something went wrong: the server returned an invalid error."
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central on DigitalOcean
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I first logged into the Docker console and
docker-compose psindicated that everything was fine.
I tried creating new users in docker and logging in with those credentials, same error
I restarted docker and it rebooted without any errors or flags, now when I try to login / password, it gives me
Incorrect email address and/or password, including when I try to reset password. This continues when I create further new users in Docker
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I have no idea
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I am afraid that I can't offer more information because I don't yet know where to look. It seems that the frontend and backend have become detached, but I can't think of anything thta I could have done to instigate this