1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Attempts to "Download all 300 records" from ODK Central failed repeatedly, although an earlier download of 15 records had worked fine. An attempt to log on to the Digital Ocean console raised an insufficient memory error. I increased the memory from 2GB/25GB disk to 3GB/25GB disk, which solved the immediate download problem. However, we expect a total of perhaps 2400 completed surveys over the next few months. and need guidance on how to configure the server to accommodate these surveys.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central v0.7.1 on Digital Ocean droplet
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
As noted, increasing memory to 3GB solves the immediate problem, but may not be enough for 8X the number of submissions.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Survey size, based on downloaded csv data file: 146 columns, including columns added by ODK
Includes one photo, "Very small" image size
Size of downloaded zip file with 300 survey records: 518,403 KB
Projected size of zip file with 2400 records: ~4GB
Number of surveyors: 22; each is responsible for 100+ surveys
(I also submitted a feature request to allow partial downloads. This would be useful, but I'm not sure it would solve the insufficient memory problem.)