1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I've just managed to successfully set up and ODK Central Server on Amazon Web Services! Unfortunately, when I create new Web Users in the backend, they don't get emails notifying them that they have an account. Similarly if I click to reset their password, they do not recieve these emails either. We've tried using our personal and professional email addresses and have checked the Junk/Spam folders which are empty. It would seem that the emails are not getting sent. How can I determine where things are going wrong? (e.g. log files, config files etc)
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I have installed ODK Central v1.0.0 onto an Ubuntu 16.04 operating system on Amazon EC2 t2.micro instance. I installed ODK Central following the instructions for EC2 listed here:
Note that I did not follow the instructions for "Using a Custom Mail Server" that are here provided here:
because I understood the instructions to mean that there is already a basic webserver setup in ODK Central (please correct me if I am wrong).
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried searching the forums for this issue, but haven't found anyone posting the same problem. I have tried creating a number of user accounts using different email services and none of them work.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Following the EC2 instructions listed here:
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.