ODK Central problem uploading audio media file

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I had a form with an audio media file and I couldn't upload it. It said that it did not have the same name but it did. I had tried in ODK Aggregate with the same form, and it worked and I could play the file on the form when using Aggregate.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central v1.1.2 on Digital Ocean droplet
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I tried changing the name of the file to make it directly NAME.wav, didnt work. I tried uploading it several times, didnt work.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
You could try to upload the form yourself with the audio file and see if it works or if you can identify the issue. I am happy to provide the form.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
I am also having the problem that I cannot see or add all the questions of this form to my uploaded version. I can only see/add 100 out of 385.

Hi @Ma_Isabel_Santana! It'd be very helpful if you could provide the form. For now, note that regardless of the file name, you should be able to upload any file if you drag and drop only the one file: see the instructions here for more information.

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_White, many thanks for your response. I have been able to upload the same form and audio to aggregate, and didn't have a problem there. I will send you the form shortly. Thanks!