Odk- Central without docker

1. What is the problem?
I need to install odk-centro without docker in an On-premises server. And I don't see any information I'm trying to follow the dockerfile but is complicated. My idea is to create an ansible script for install in any server easily. And any Spanish RedCross project.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system?
Ubuntu 20

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I want to install all-suite in an on-premise server and create ansible script for. Because of use docker i need a K8S server.

I would question the technical reason for this requirement. I'm convinced you can achieve whatever IT governance you need adhere to without having to reinvent and maintain an entirely different setup.

You may want to keep the actual data on premise (external postgres db, hosted by your IT) rather than the (stateless) app containers.

You can easily run docker on your on prem server and follow the vanilla install. Then Central will run on your own server as you wanted, but still be managed conveniently through docker-compose.
You will need to configure SSL certificates / DNS / hostname with your IT folks.

Does any of this make sense?

4 Likes

Hi @Florian_May ,
Hi ,
Thanks for your reply :D.
Yes i change the docker-compouse file and now use a native database. But is not a good idea to use a docker-compuse like native service for several reasons.
1.- The performance docker is only a good performance if use UNIX but if use a win2 system the performance is too bad in the production environment because use a virtual file system.
2.- i'm using other services like pentaho and now i've an nginx with rever proxy and cache and the idea is one use nginx.

But maybe is a good idea to create Asible script or something like that.

Thanks