ODK Collect 1.7 does not recognize formList properly

Hey guys,

I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i
browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine.
However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense
that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one
does not have an ID (ID: null).

I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static
formList file on my server, identical to the one from
opendatakit.appspot.com:

New Widgets Miramare Birds Geo Tagger v2

And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server,
the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with
"ID: null".

I compared HTTP headers:

1. opendatakit.appspot.com
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Server: Google Frontend
    Cache-Control: private
    Content-Length: 155

2. mine:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
    Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding
    Content-Language: en
    Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Could there be something here?

I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that
there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that
opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the
one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is
accessing it instead of a simple browser?

Any help appreciated,
Cheers
Rok

··· Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT

try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk).

··· On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > Hey guys, > > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > formList file on my server, identical to the one from > opendatakit.appspot.com: > > New Widgets > Miramare > Birds form> > Geo Tagger v2 > > > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > "ID: null". > > I compared HTTP headers: > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > Content-Encoding: gzip > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > Server: Google Frontend > Cache-Control: private > Content-Length: 155 > > 2) mine: > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > Content-Language: en > Content-Encoding: gzip > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > Connection: Keep-Alive > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > Could there be something here? > > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > Any help appreciated, > Cheers > Rok > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi,

I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last
form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I
try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message
{"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on
the Google grant access page.

Any help appreciated,
Glyn

··· On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > > > > > > > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > > Hey guys, > > > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > > that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one > > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > > formList file on my server, identical to the one from > > opendatakit.appspot.com: > > > > New Widgets > > Miramare > > Birds > form> > > Geo Tagger v2 > > > > > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > > "ID: null". > > > I compared HTTP headers: > > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > Content-Encoding: gzip > > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > > Server: Google Frontend > > Cache-Control: private > > Content-Length: 155 > > > 2) mine: > > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > > Content-Language: en > > Content-Encoding: gzip > > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > > Connection: Keep-Alive > > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > > Could there be something here? > > > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > > there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that > > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > > Any help appreciated, > > Cheers > > Rok > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Actually, it was my mistake saying it was beta1, it was beta2 since i
downloaded and tested it 2 days ago from http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/downloads/list
Rok

··· On Jul 13, 6:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > > > > > > > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > > Hey guys, > > > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > > that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one > > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > > formList file on my server, identical to the one from > > opendatakit.appspot.com: > > > > New Widgets > > Miramare > > Birds > form> > > Geo Tagger v2 > > > > > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > > "ID: null". > > > I compared HTTP headers: > > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > Content-Encoding: gzip > > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > > Server: Google Frontend > > Cache-Control: private > > Content-Length: 155 > > > 2) mine: > > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > > Content-Language: en > > Content-Encoding: gzip > > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > > Connection: Keep-Alive > > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > > Could there be something here? > > > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > > there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that > > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > > Any help appreciated, > > Cheers > > Rok > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate
and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are
aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3
addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and
compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days
and see if the next set of releases solve you problems.

I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us
test stuff out.

Waylon

··· On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > Hi, > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > the Google grant access page. > > Any help appreciated, > Glyn > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: >> > Hey guys, >> >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). >> >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static >> > formList file on my server, identical to the one from >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: >> > >> > New Widgets >> > Miramare >> > Birds> > form> >> > Geo Tagger v2 >> > >> >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with >> > "ID: null". >> >> > I compared HTTP headers: >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT >> > Server: Google Frontend >> > Cache-Control: private >> > Content-Length: 155 >> >> > 2) mine: >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding >> > Content-Language: en >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 >> > Connection: Keep-Alive >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> >> > Could there be something here? >> >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that >> > there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? >> >> > Any help appreciated, >> > Cheers >> > Rok >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Waylon,

thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest.

Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up
on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on
mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back.

Cheers
Rok

··· On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. > > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us > test stuff out. > > Waylon > > > > > > > > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > > Hi, > > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > > the Google grant access page. > > > Any help appreciated, > > Glyn > > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > >> > Hey guys, > > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of the formList and even that one > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > >> > formList file on my server, identical to the one from > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: > >> > > >> > New Widgets > >> > Miramare > >> > Birds >> > form> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 > >> > > > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > >> > "ID: null". > > >> > I compared HTTP headers: > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > >> > Server: Google Frontend > >> > Cache-Control: private > >> > Content-Length: 155 > > >> > 2) mine: > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > >> > Content-Language: en > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > >> > Could there be something here? > > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > >> > there's a universal formList generated each time. Or could it be that > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > >> > Any help appreciated, > >> > Cheers > >> > Rok > > >> > -- > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hi guys,

I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :frowning: The ODK
Collect app still only shows the last form in the list with a null
identifier. My formList xml is as follows:

Multimedia Visitor Survey Field Type Demo Test Desktop Inventory

and the ODK collect only shows the Inventory form with ID = null :frowning:

Any idea?
Cheers
Rok

··· On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: > Hi Waylon, > > thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. > > Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up > on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on > mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. > > Cheers > Rok > > On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > > > > > > > > > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate > > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are > > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 > > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and > > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days > > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. > > > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us > > test stuff out. > > > Waylon > > > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message > > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > > > the Google grant access page. > > > > Any help appreciated, > > > Glyn > > > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > > >> > Hey guys, > > > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of theformListand even that one > > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from > > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: > > >> > > > >> > New Widgets > > >> > Miramare > > >> > Birds > >> > form> > > >> > Geo Tagger v2 > > >> > > > > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > > >> > "ID: null". > > > >> > I compared HTTP headers: > > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > > >> > Server: Google Frontend > > >> > Cache-Control: private > > >> > Content-Length: 155 > > > >> > 2) mine: > > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > > >> > Content-Language: en > > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive > > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > > >> > Could there be something here? > > > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that > > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > > >> > Any help appreciated, > > >> > Cheers > > >> > Rok > > > >> > -- > > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > -- > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url
doesn't look familiar.

··· On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok wrote: > Hi guys, > > I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :( The ODK > Collect app still only shows the last form in the list with a null > identifier. My formList xml is as follows: > > > Multimedia > Visitor Survey > Field Type Demo > Test Desktop > Inventory > > > and the ODK collect only shows the Inventory form with ID = null :( > > Any idea? > Cheers > Rok > > > On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: >> Hi Waylon, >> >> thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. >> >> Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up >> on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on >> mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. >> >> Cheers >> Rok >> >> On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate >> > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are >> > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 >> > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and >> > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days >> > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. >> >> > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us >> > test stuff out. >> >> > Waylon >> >> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: >> > > Hi, >> >> > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last >> > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I >> > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message >> > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on >> > > the Google grant access page. >> >> > > Any help appreciated, >> > > Glyn >> >> > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). >> >> > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: >> > >> > Hey guys, >> >> > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i >> > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. >> > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense >> > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of theformListand even that one >> > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). >> >> > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static >> > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: >> > >> > >> > >> > New Widgets >> > >> > Miramare >> > >> > Birds> > >> > form> >> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 >> > >> > >> >> > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, >> > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with >> > >> > "ID: null". >> >> > >> > I compared HTTP headers: >> > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT >> > >> > Server: Google Frontend >> > >> > Cache-Control: private >> > >> > Content-Length: 155 >> >> > >> > 2) mine: >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT >> > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) >> > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding >> > >> > Content-Language: en >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 >> > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive >> > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> >> > >> > Could there be something here? >> >> > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that >> > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the >> > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is >> > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? >> >> > >> > Any help appreciated, >> > >> > Cheers >> > >> > Rok >> >> > >> > -- >> > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> > > -- >> > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw,

i'm using a custom app, the URL that i used in ODK collect was:
http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk

Hence, http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formList returns the xml
I posted previously.

Like I said, I even tried to put a static duplicate of the same xml
that the http://opendatakit.appspot.com/formList returns at the above
address and the result is the same, only the last form is shown (Geo
Tagger v2 in that case).

I tried publishing our custom app on the web that we have a proper URL
for (no IPs and port number) but the result was the same.

My last guess would be that ODK collect for some reason is not happy
with formLists that are not on the root level (e.g.
http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formList as opposed to
http://192.168.1.136:8000/formList)

I am lost.
Rok

··· On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url > doesn't look familiar. > > > > > > > > On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok wrote: > > Hi guys, > > > I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :( The ODK > > Collect app still only shows the last form in the list with a null > > identifier. My formList xml is as follows: > > > > > Multimedia > > Visitor Survey > > Field Type Demo > > Test Desktop > > Inventory > > > > > and the ODK collect only shows the Inventory form with ID = null :( > > > Any idea? > > Cheers > > Rok > > > On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: > >> Hi Waylon, > > >> thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. > > >> Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up > >> on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on > >> mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. > > >> Cheers > >> Rok > > >> On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > > >> > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate > >> > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are > >> > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 > >> > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and > >> > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days > >> > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. > > >> > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us > >> > test stuff out. > > >> > Waylon > > >> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > >> > > Hi, > > >> > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > >> > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > >> > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message > >> > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > >> > > the Google grant access page. > > >> > > Any help appreciated, > >> > > Glyn > > >> > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > >> > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > >> > >> > Hey guys, > > >> > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > >> > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > >> > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > >> > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of theformListand even that one > >> > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > >> > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > >> > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from > >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: > >> > >> > > >> > >> > New Widgets > >> > >> > Miramare > >> > >> > Birds >> > >> > form> > >> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 > >> > >> > > > >> > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > >> > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > >> > >> > "ID: null". > > >> > >> > I compared HTTP headers: > >> > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > >> > >> > Server: Google Frontend > >> > >> > Cache-Control: private > >> > >> > Content-Length: 155 > > >> > >> > 2) mine: > >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > >> > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > >> > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > >> > >> > Content-Language: en > >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > >> > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive > >> > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > >> > >> > Could there be something here? > > >> > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > >> > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that > >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > >> > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > >> > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > >> > >> > Any help appreciated, > >> > >> > Cheers > >> > >> > Rok > > >> > >> > -- > >> > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >> > > -- > >> > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

if you are building a custom app, you need to implement the exact
openrosa protocol.

there is a thread on opendatakit-developers that describes what you
need to do. http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit-developers/browse_thread/thread/438373dbb84efcd1#

naturally, we can't help much if you are rolling your own server.

··· On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 09:25, rok wrote: > Hi Yaw, > > i'm using a custom app, the URL that i used in ODK collect was: > http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk > > Hence, http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formList returns the xml > I posted previously. > > Like I said, I even tried to put a static duplicate of the same xml > that the http://opendatakit.appspot.com/formList returns at the above > address and the result is the same, only the last form is shown (Geo > Tagger v2 in that case). > > I tried publishing our custom app on the web that we have a proper URL > for (no IPs and port number) but the result was the same. > > My last guess would be that ODK collect for some reason is not happy > with formLists that are not on the root level (e.g. > http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formList as opposed to > http://192.168.1.136:8000/formList) > > I am lost. > Rok > > On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url >> doesn't look familiar. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok wrote: >> > Hi guys, >> >> > I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :( The ODK >> > Collect app still only shows the last form in the list with a null >> > identifier. My formList xml is as follows: >> >> > >> > Multimedia >> > Visitor Survey >> > Field Type Demo >> > Test Desktop >> > Inventory >> > >> >> > and the ODK collect only shows the Inventory form with ID = null :( >> >> > Any idea? >> > Cheers >> > Rok >> >> > On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: >> >> Hi Waylon, >> >> >> thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. >> >> >> Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up >> >> on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on >> >> mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. >> >> >> Cheers >> >> Rok >> >> >> On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: >> >> >> > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate >> >> > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are >> >> > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 >> >> > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and >> >> > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days >> >> > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. >> >> >> > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us >> >> > test stuff out. >> >> >> > Waylon >> >> >> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: >> >> > > Hi, >> >> >> > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last >> >> > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I >> >> > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message >> >> > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on >> >> > > the Google grant access page. >> >> >> > > Any help appreciated, >> >> > > Glyn >> >> >> > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >> > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). >> >> >> > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: >> >> > >> > Hey guys, >> >> >> > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i >> >> > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. >> >> > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense >> >> > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of theformListand even that one >> >> > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). >> >> >> > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static >> >> > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: >> >> > >> > >> >> > >> > New Widgets >> >> > >> > Miramare >> >> > >> > Birds> >> > >> > form> >> >> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 >> >> > >> > >> >> >> > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, >> >> > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with >> >> > >> > "ID: null". >> >> >> > >> > I compared HTTP headers: >> >> > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT >> >> > >> > Server: Google Frontend >> >> > >> > Cache-Control: private >> >> > >> > Content-Length: 155 >> >> >> > >> > 2) mine: >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT >> >> > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) >> >> > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding >> >> > >> > Content-Language: en >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip >> >> > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 >> >> > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive >> >> > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 >> >> >> > >> > Could there be something here? >> >> >> > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that >> >> > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the >> >> > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is >> >> > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? >> >> >> > >> > Any help appreciated, >> >> > >> > Cheers >> >> > >> > Rok >> >> >> > >> > -- >> >> > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> >> > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> >> > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >> > > -- >> >> > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> >> > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> >> > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Thanks Yaw!! That was indeed the issue, the X-OpenRosa-Version header,
works fine now!

Thanks again!
Rok

··· On Aug 3, 6:47 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > if you are building a custom app, you need to implement the exact > openrosa protocol. > > there is a thread on opendatakit-developers that describes what you > need to do.http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit-developers/browse_thread/t... > > naturally, we can't help much if you are rolling your own server. > > > > > > > > On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 09:25, rok wrote: > > Hi Yaw, > > > i'm using a custom app, the URL that i used in ODK collect was: > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk > > > Hence,http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListreturns the xml > > I posted previously. > > > Like I said, I even tried to put a static duplicate of the same xml > > that thehttp://opendatakit.appspot.com/formListreturns at the above > > address and the result is the same, only the last form is shown (Geo > > Tagger v2 in that case). > > > I tried publishing our custom app on the web that we have a proper URL > > for (no IPs and port number) but the result was the same. > > > My last guess would be that ODK collect for some reason is not happy > > with formLists that are not on the root level (e.g. > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListas opposed to > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/formList) > > > I am lost. > > Rok > > > On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url > >> doesn't look familiar. > > >> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok wrote: > >> > Hi guys, > > >> > I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :( The ODK > >> > Collect app still only shows the last form in the list with a null > >> > identifier. My formList xml is as follows: > > >> > > >> > Multimedia > >> > Visitor Survey > >> > Field Type Demo > >> > Test Desktop > >> > Inventory > >> > > > >> > and the ODK collect only shows the Inventory form with ID = null :( > > >> > Any idea? > >> > Cheers > >> > Rok > > >> > On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: > >> >> Hi Waylon, > > >> >> thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. > > >> >> Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up > >> >> on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on > >> >> mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. > > >> >> Cheers > >> >> Rok > > >> >> On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > > >> >> > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate > >> >> > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are > >> >> > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 > >> >> > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and > >> >> > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days > >> >> > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. > > >> >> > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us > >> >> > test stuff out. > > >> >> > Waylon > > >> >> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > >> >> > > Hi, > > >> >> > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > >> >> > > form is displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > >> >> > > try to send a form to it I get a white screen with the message > >> >> > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > >> >> > > the Google grant access page. > > >> >> > > Any help appreciated, > >> >> > > Glyn > > >> >> > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > >> >> > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > >> >> > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > >> >> > >> > Hey guys, > > >> >> > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > >> >> > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > >> >> > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > >> >> > >> > that it ONLY displays the last form of theformListand even that one > >> >> > >> > does not have an ID (ID: null). > > >> >> > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > >> >> > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from > >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: > >> >> > >> > > >> >> > >> > New Widgets > >> >> > >> > Miramare > >> >> > >> > Birds >> >> > >> > form> > >> >> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 > >> >> > >> > > > >> >> > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > >> >> > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2" form with > >> >> > >> > "ID: null". > > >> >> > >> > I compared HTTP headers: > >> >> > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > >> >> > >> > Server: Google Frontend > >> >> > >> > Cache-Control: private > >> >> > >> > Content-Length: 155 > > >> >> > >> > 2) mine: > >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > >> >> > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > >> >> > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > >> >> > >> > Content-Language: en > >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > >> >> > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > >> >> > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive > >> >> > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > >> >> > >> > Could there be something here? > > >> >> > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > >> >> > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that > >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > >> >> > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > >> >> > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > >> >> > >> > Any help appreciated, > >> >> > >> > Cheers > >> >> > >> > Rok > > >> >> > >> > -- > >> >> > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> >> > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> >> > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >> >> > > -- > >> >> > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> >> > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> >> > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > >> > -- > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Hello,

I seem to have a very similar problem, ODK Collect client app (RC1)
only displays one form for download (even though there are several on
aggregate) and even that shows up with "ID: null".

But I don't have anything custom on aggregate side, I am running the
standard aggregate (0.9.6) installed on appspot.com.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something? Cheers!

Best,
Pooya

··· On Aug 3, 8:40 pm, rok wrote: > Thanks Yaw!! That was indeed the issue, the X-OpenRosa-Version header, > works fine now! > > Thanks again! > Rok > > On Aug 3, 6:47 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > > if you are building a custom app, you need to implement the exact > > openrosa protocol. > > > there is a thread on opendatakit-developers that describes what you > > need to do.http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit-developers/browse_thread/t... > > > naturally, we can't help much if you are rolling your own server. > > > On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 09:25, rok wrote: > > > Hi Yaw, > > > > i'm using a custom app, the URL that i used in ODK collect was: > > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk > > > > Hence,http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListreturnsthe xml > > > I posted previously. > > > > Like I said, I even tried to put a static duplicate of the same xml > > > that thehttp://opendatakit.appspot.com/formListreturnsat the above > > > address and the result is the same, only the lastformis shown (Geo > > > Tagger v2 in that case). > > > > I tried publishing our custom app on the web that we have a proper URL > > > for (no IPs and port number) but the result was the same. > > > > My last guess would be that ODK collect for some reason is not happy > > > with formLists that are not on the root level (e.g. > > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListasopposed to > > >http://192.168.1.136:8000/formList) > > > > I am lost. > > > Rok > > > > On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > >> are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url > > >> doesn't look familiar. > > > >> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok wrote: > > >> > Hi guys, > > > >> > I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :( The ODK > > >> > Collect app still only shows the lastformin the list with anull > > >> > identifier. My formList xml is as follows: > > > >> > > > >> > Multimedia > > >> > Visitor Survey > > >> > Field Type Demo > > >> > Test Desktop > > >> > Inventory > > >> > > > > >> > and the ODK collect only shows the InventoryformwithID=null:( > > > >> > Any idea? > > >> > Cheers > > >> > Rok > > > >> > On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok wrote: > > >> >> Hi Waylon, > > > >> >> thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest. > > > >> >> Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch up > > >> >> on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are on > > >> >> mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back. > > > >> >> Cheers > > >> >> Rok > > > >> >> On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wrote: > > > >> >> > We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both Aggregate > > >> >> > and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We are > > >> >> > aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta 3 > > >> >> > addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and > > >> >> > compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few days > > >> >> > and see if the next set of releases solve you problems. > > > >> >> > I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is helping us > > >> >> > test stuff out. > > > >> >> > Waylon > > > >> >> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock wrote: > > >> >> > > Hi, > > > >> >> > > I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the last > > >> >> > >formis displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but when I > > >> >> > > try to send aformto it I get a white screen with the message > > >> >> > > {"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to Aggregate."} on > > >> >> > > the Google grant access page. > > > >> >> > > Any help appreciated, > > >> >> > > Glyn > > > >> >> > > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > >> >> > >> try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk). > > > >> >> > >> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok wrote: > > >> >> > >> > Hey guys, > > > >> >> > >> > I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3 phone. When i > > >> >> > >> > browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it worked fine. > > >> >> > >> > However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not work in a sense > > >> >> > >> > that it ONLY displays the lastformof theformListand even that one > > >> >> > >> > does not have anID(ID:null). > > > >> >> > >> > I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply put a static > > >> >> > >> >formListfile on my server, identical to the one from > > >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com: > > >> >> > >> > > > >> >> > >> > New Widgets > > >> >> > >> > Miramare > > >> >> > >> > Birds > >> >> > >> >form> > > >> >> > >> > Geo Tagger v2 > > >> >> > >> > > > > >> >> > >> > And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my own server, > > >> >> > >> > the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger v2"formwith > > >> >> > >> > "ID:null". > > > >> >> > >> > I compared HTTP headers: > > >> >> > >> > 1) opendatakit.appspot.com > > >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > > >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT > > >> >> > >> > Server: Google Frontend > > >> >> > >> > Cache-Control: private > > >> >> > >> > Content-Length: 155 > > > >> >> > >> > 2) mine: > > >> >> > >> > HTTP/1.1 200 OK > > >> >> > >> > Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT > > >> >> > >> > Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > > >> >> > >> > Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding > > >> >> > >> > Content-Language: en > > >> >> > >> > Content-Encoding: gzip > > >> >> > >> > Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 > > >> >> > >> > Connection: Keep-Alive > > >> >> > >> > Transfer-Encoding: chunked > > >> >> > >> > Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 > > > >> >> > >> > Could there be something here? > > > >> >> > >> > I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it seems that > > >> >> > >> > there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could it be that > > >> >> > >> > opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different XML than the > > >> >> > >> > one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client app is > > >> >> > >> > accessing it instead of a simple browser? > > > >> >> > >> > Any help appreciated, > > >> >> > >> > Cheers > > >> >> > >> > Rok > > > >> >> > >> > -- > > >> >> > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > >> >> > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > >> >> > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > >> >> > > -- > > >> >> > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > >> >> > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > >> >> > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > >> > -- > > >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > -- > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

HI Pooya,

this happens because the new ODK collect uses a new formList format:

Form1
http://yoururl.com/api/lott/odk/formXml?odkId=93

Form2
http://yoururl.com/api/lott/odk/formXml?odkId=94

instead of the old one.

Rok

··· On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Pooya wrote:

Hello,

I seem to have a very similar problem, ODK Collect client app (RC1)
only displays one form for download (even though there are several on
aggregate) and even that shows up with "ID: null".

But I don't have anything custom on aggregate side, I am running the
standard aggregate (0.9.6) installed on appspot.com.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something? Cheers!

Best,
Pooya

On Aug 3, 8:40 pm, rok spuzv...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Yaw!! That was indeed the issue, the X-OpenRosa-Version header,
works fine now!

Thanks again!
Rok

On Aug 3, 6:47 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

if you are building a custom app, you need to implement the exact
openrosa protocol.

there is a thread on opendatakit-developers that describes what you
need to do.
http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit-developers/browse_thread/t...

naturally, we can't help much if you are rolling your own server.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 09:25, rok spuzv...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw,

i'm using a custom app, the URL that i used in ODK collect was:
http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk

Hence,http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListreturnsthe xml
I posted previously.

Like I said, I even tried to put a static duplicate of the same xml
that thehttp://opendatakit.appspot.com/formListreturnsat the above
address and the result is the same, only the lastformis shown (Geo
Tagger v2 in that case).

I tried publishing our custom app on the web that we have a proper
URL
for (no IPs and port number) but the result was the same.

My last guess would be that ODK collect for some reason is not happy
with formLists that are not on the root level (e.g.
http://192.168.1.136:8000/api/roko/odk/formListasopposed to
http://192.168.1.136:8000/formList)

I am lost.
Rok

On Aug 3, 4:35 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

are you using aggregate 1.0 b3? or something custom? that url
doesn't look familiar.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 02:18, rok spuzv...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just tested the 1.1.7RC1 and this problem persists :frowning: The ODK
Collect app still only shows the lastformin the list with anull
identifier. My formList xml is as follows:

Multimedia Visitor Survey Field Type Demo Test Desktop Inventory

and the ODK collect only shows the InventoryformwithID=null:(

Any idea?
Cheers
Rok

On Jul 14, 8:51 pm, rok spuzv...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Waylon,

thanks for the thumbs up! I'll wait for the release and retest.

Thanks to you guys for making this happen! Hopefully, I can catch
up
on the Collect code and contribute soon. I'm happy you guys are
on
mercurial now, so much easier to branch off and merge back.

Cheers
Rok

On Jul 14, 7:53 pm, "W. Brunette" wbrune...@gmail.com wrote:

We are planning to release new versions of Betas for both
Aggregate
and Collect hopefully in less than a week (hopefully days). We
are
aware of the permissions issues with Aggregate beta 2 and beta
addresses those. You can either try downloading the source and
compiling things yourself (not recommended) or just wait a few
days
and see if the next set of releases solve you problems.

I also want to say thank you to the entire community who is
helping us
test stuff out.

Waylon

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Glyn Alcock < alcockg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I updated to beta2 and am getting the same problem - only the
last
formis displayed. Also, I updated to Aggregate 1.0 rev. 2 but
when I
try to send aformto it I get a white screen with the message
{"error":"Something went wrong when trying to post to
Aggregate."} on
the Google grant access page.

Any help appreciated,
Glyn

On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, Yaw Anokwa yano...@gmail.com wrote:

try beta2 (or if you are developer, maybe try trunk).

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:24, rok spuzv...@gmail.com wrote:

Hey guys,

I've installed ODK collect 1.7 beta1 on my Android 2.3.3
phone. When i
browsed forms at opendatakit.appspot.com with it, it
worked fine.
However, when I browse forms on my server, it does not
work in a sense
that it ONLY displays the lastformof theformListand even
that one
does not have anID(ID:null).

I tried everything, even got to the point where i simply
put a static
formListfile on my server, identical to the one from
opendatakit.appspot.com:

<formurl="http://opendatakit.appspot.com/formXml?
formId=NewWidgets">New Widgets
formId=Miramare">Miramare
<formurl="
http://opendatakit.appspot.com/formXml?formId=Birds">Birds</
form>
formId=geo_tagger_v2">Geo Tagger v2

And the same happened. When the above XML comes from my
own server,
the ODK Collect client app only displays the "Geo Tagger
v2"formwith
"ID:null".

I compared HTTP headers:

1. opendatakit.appspot.com
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:19:27 GMT
    Server: Google Frontend
    Cache-Control: private
    Content-Length: 155
  1. mine:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:26 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
    Vary: Accept-Language,Cookie,Accept-Encoding
    Content-Language: en
    Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Could there be something here?

I looked at the DownloadFormListTask.java source and it
seems that
there's a universalformListgenerated each time. Or could
it be that
opendatakit.appspot.com (aggregate) generates a different
XML than the
one above, based on the fact that the ODK Collect client
app is
accessing it instead of a simple browser?

Any help appreciated,
Cheers
Rok

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--

--