believe that I have any specific code errors. I thought that maybe Collect
was crashing because I have long field-lists, but Collect crashes even when
I shortened them. Any thoughts, please? I've attached my working survey XLS
Form.

Thanks!
Melanie

Survey_FebruaryUpdate.xlsx (40.9 KB)

Hi Melanie,

I had similar problem. I've noticed that if appearance is defined wrong survey will crash. So, try to remove field-list from appearance column for the first question "introduction".
Hope it helps

··· воскресенье, 16 февраля 2014 г., 21:46:19 UTC+5:30 пользователь Melanie Wallskog написал: > Hi all, > > > I've just started a new survey using ODK, and even though it is very short so far, ODK Collect repeatedly crashes during implementation. I do not believe that I have any specific code errors. I thought that maybe Collect was crashing because I have long field-lists, but Collect crashes even when I shortened them. Any thoughts, please? I've attached my working survey XLS Form. > > > Thanks! > Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I have noticed this before, it seems to be a problem with the number of
groups within a group.

I believe with my experience we can only have one group within a group, i
have very new to this but if you try to re-organise the structure this
should work

Best

Jon

··· On Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:46:19 PM UTC+4:30, Melanie Wallskog wrote: > > Hi all, > > I've just started a new survey using ODK, and even though it is very short > so far, ODK Collect repeatedly crashes during implementation. I do not > believe that I have any specific code errors. I thought that maybe Collect > was crashing because I have long field-lists, but Collect crashes even when > I shortened them. Any thoughts, please? I've attached my working survey XLS > Form. > > Thanks! > Melanie >

You cannot have groups nested within any group with a 'field-list'
appearance.

This is an odd interaction between the rendering logic and the nesting of
elements.

··· On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM, wrote:

Hi Melanie,

I have noticed this before, it seems to be a problem with the number of
groups within a group.

I believe with my experience we can only have one group within a group, i
have very new to this but if you try to re-organise the structure this
should work

Best

Jon

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:46:19 PM UTC+4:30, Melanie Wallskog wrote:

Hi all,

I've just started a new survey using ODK, and even though it is very
short so far, ODK Collect repeatedly crashes during implementation. I do
not believe that I have any specific code errors. I thought that maybe
Collect was crashing because I have long field-lists, but Collect crashes
even when I shortened them. Any thoughts, please? I've attached my working
survey XLS Form.

Thanks!
Melanie

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks, everyone!

··· On Monday, February 17, 2014 2:20:52 AM UTC-5, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > You cannot have groups nested within any group with a 'field-list' > appearance. > > This is an odd interaction between the rendering logic and the nesting of > elements. > > > > On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM, <stabil...@gmail.com >wrote: > >> Hi Melanie, >> >> I have noticed this before, it seems to be a problem with the number of >> groups within a group. >> >> I believe with my experience we can only have one group within a group, i >> have very new to this but if you try to re-organise the structure this >> should work >> >> Best >> >> Jon >> >> On Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:46:19 PM UTC+4:30, Melanie Wallskog wrote: >>> >>> Hi all, >>> >>> I've just started a new survey using ODK, and even though it is very >>> short so far, ODK Collect repeatedly crashes during implementation. I do >>> not believe that I have any specific code errors. I thought that maybe >>> Collect was crashing because I have long field-lists, but Collect crashes >>> even when I shortened them. Any thoughts, please? I've attached my working >>> survey XLS Form. >>> >>> Thanks! >>> Melanie >>> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >