ODK Collect not functioning on Huawei Device

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed. My fieldworker scanned her personal QR code, and one of the forms continuously failed to download. She then deleted ODK Collect to try and reinstall it but then did not even find the app in the Huawei App Gallery. None of my other team members are having the same issue.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Central 1.1.2
Her phone is a Huawei Y7P using Android OS.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Fieldworker tried to download the app again on her phone but it was missing from the app store.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

ODK Collect is not published to Huawei App Gallery you can download it from Google Play.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, she does not have the Google Play Store on her phone and I'm not sure how to download that on a Huawei, which doesn't seem to have any google apps anymore.

You can download the apk from Github as well https://github.com/getodk/collect/releases

1 Like

ODK Collect won't run withouth Google Play services, which are not supported by your device.

Device: Huawei Matepad T10