ODK Collect : problem with "last saved" when a question "select_one" has "autocomplete" appearance

Hi there,

We are using ODK for a study about floods and buildings in France and each survey correspond to the postal address of a building or house (on which we make observations).

The function "autocomplete" is very helpful to answer the right name of a street (as we include all the city street list in the form).

We also use "last saved" (in the default column) to save time when we have to fill in different numbers of the same street, as 1 street number = 1 survey but the street name remain the same.

However, "last-saved" works well for different question types but not when we put "autocomplete" in the appearance column (at least it doesn't work for a select_one question type with autocomplete).

Does anybody knows how to fix this problem (a select_one question with last saved and autocomplete)?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @Pierre_Floods
We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

could you clarify what you mean by

and maybe attach your form for testing?

I tried a simple form to reproduce the issue but to no avail, everything seems fine:
selectOneAutocomplete-withLastSaved.xlsx (8.0 KB)
Could you test it as well?
What version of ODK Collect are you using?

Hi @Grzesiek2010,

Thank you for your message, the form you created works well and it helped me to find how to solve my problem : the name of the function was long (15 characters), I cut it (to 8 characters) and now "last-saved" works.

I use ODK collect version 1.30.1, it is supposed to be a recent one.

Best wishes,
Pierre