ODK Collect saying "background send running" when sending forms

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When trying to send finalised forms from ODK Collect to our ODK Central server, a message has popped up all day saying "background send running. Please try again later." And the forms do not send.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
We are using ODK Collect v1.30.1 on a Samsung Android phone and our server is on ODK Central v1.1.2

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
We have restarted the phone.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @Jneethli0504
Please try going to General Settings -> Form management and disable Auto send.
Let us know if that helps.

@Jneethli0504 is this happening on multiple devices? Has this device successfully auto submitted in the past?

Hi,

We were only using one device at that point. It had successfully auto submitted in the past. I have now disabled autosend and it is working just fine now.

Thanks!
Jeanette

1 Like

Thanks for following up, @Jneethli0504! If you have any recollection of what you might have done before (e.g. configured one server and then changed servers), that would be very helpful. I have experienced something similar which I thought was related to a bad state I reached in development but it seems there might be some conditions that interfere with the proper function of auto send. We will dig deeper into it.

1 Like