ODK Collect betas are an opportunity to get community feedback on upcoming releases. If you have an ongoing data collection campaign, we recommend quickly verifying your form on a test device. The release will be delayed until all reported issues are fixed.
Joining the beta program
To join the beta program, find ODK Collect in the Play Store and scroll all the way down. Please don't join the beta with a device or account actively used for data collection! In particular, note that joining the beta is account-based. If you use the same Google account across multiple devices, do not join the beta with that account.
Leaving the beta program
You can leave the beta program from the bottom of the Play Store at any time. Once you leave, you will get the next production update when it is released. If you need to go back to the previous production release, uninstall and reinstall the app. Your settings will be reset but your forms will remain (though backups are always recommended).
What to check in this release
This release includes changes to form lists, audit log, geo widgets, and Google Sheets support. We've also removed sending submissions via SMS. If you use any of these features, we recommend you try this release and offer your feedback on the changes. The important changes are:
- Nicer looking, more consistent form lists
- Support for tracking enumerator locations in audit log
- Improvements to GeoPoint, GeoTrace, GeoShape user experience
- GeoPoint: State is kept on screen rotation
- GeoTrace: Selectable GPS accuracy threshold, ask for confirmation before discarding data, collect the first point immediately in auto-mode
- Remove the zoom dialog from all geo activities
- Fixed sending forms with repeat groups to Google Sheets
- Removed the 256 columns limitation in Google Sheets @anon74210382
- Removal of sending submissions via SMS
If you have some time, please also verify the other changes in the release notes:
The intended release date is Feb 28th. We may publish a second beta before then if needed. Thanks to all beta testers!