ODK Collect v1.27 Beta

ODK Collect betas are an opportunity to get community feedback on upcoming releases. If you have an ongoing data collection campaign, we recommend quickly verifying your form on a test device. The release will be delayed until all reported issues are fixed.

Joining the beta program
To join the beta program, find ODK Collect in the Play Store on your device (not in the web browser) and scroll all the way down. Please don't join the beta with a device or account actively used for data collection! In particular, note that joining the beta is account-based. If you use the same Google account across multiple devices, do not join the beta with that account.

Leaving the beta program
You can leave the beta program from the bottom of the Play Store at any time. Once you leave, you will get the next production update when it is released. If you need to go back to the previous production release, uninstall and reinstall the app. Your settings will be reset but your forms will remain (though backups are always recommended).

What to check in this release

• When in a repeat, a + button is available to add new repeats
  • On the form map, tapping on a filled form shows details about that form
  • Improved usability of QR code configuration screen
  • Offline map layers now work with Google Maps and Mapbox sources
  • Calculations now work in field-lists

Thanks to all beta testers for your help!

4 Likes

Good morning @LN,
I face a problem trying the beta.
I can download new forms bit when I try to fill one ODK freeze on a black screen as a bave :

Hi
I can't open any form no more
My phone: Huawei mate 10 pro
Odk collect 1.27.0
I always put my forms manuell in the android - > data... Org.Collect...-> forms folder
The forms on the video were already available on my smartphone

Thanks for posting @mathieubossaert @Dominik. It looks like there is a problem in the Play Store build of the app that we're not seeing in our development versions. We're investigating here.

1 Like

We have a likely fix going in so hopefully we'll have a new version out for you to play with later today!

4 Likes

Just released the fix to the Play Store. This crash was something that I would have caught if I'd been more diligent about following our process. It's a mistake on my part and I'll do better next time.

Thanks to @seadowg, @Grzesiek2010, @kkrawczyk123 for the fast work finding the root problem and getting a fix built and tested so quickly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick report and fix, everyone. This is why we have a beta process and why we really appreciate our beta testers!!

We're going to try to get more testing on release builds rather than debug builds to try to catch problems on release builds earlier since it's not the first time this kind of thing has happened. Additionally, I will prioritize getting my release environment back to working order. I produced a corrupt release build yesterday and pulled in @yanokwa instead of fixing things on my end.

2 Likes

Hi to all.
I just tested those two points. And they work as expected.
Mbtiles layer now work without any network connection :wink:

Thanks for your work and reactivity !

1 Like

Some savvy users might have noticed there is a new "Magenta" theme in this beta. This is an experimental feature which won't be in the release version quite yet. If you are playing around with it and notice any problems please leave a comment here.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to add a second group to my form with ODK Collect

Hello, Where or How can i dowload the version with magenta(V 1.28 Beta)?, i update and lost the theme.

Thanks*

1 Like

I found it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@famador The "magenta theme" is currently only in beta and development builds under the experimental settings menu. We're using it to modernize the way is styled without having to do it all at once. The idea is that once the code is all updated we will switch over to using that theme with different colors across the app. We'd be very interested in learning more about what led you to ask about it.

1 Like