ODK Collect v2022.2 Beta: select from map, geojson datasets

The name:{ISO 639-2 language code} keys, such as
name:en, name:fr, or name:en are the OpenStreetMap convention for internationalized place-names.

Described in eye-wateringly exhaustive detail here!

1 Like

Attributes; on my phone (Google Pixel 3 XL) I can fit about 8 attributes before the Select button disappears off the bottom of the screen and is no longer accessible. A lot of geographical features, whether from OSM or otherwise, have a lot more attributes than that! Most of the time, I think it makes sense for the project manager to limit the number of fields included in the GeoJSON; the field data collectors aren't usually going to want or need to see dozens of attributes for every feature they select. However, it seems like a div at the bottom of the list with the Select button (so it can't disappear) and a slider to scroll through any overrun, would cover any case in which someone actually wants all those attributes (or alternately, just can't be bothered to remove them when preparing the GeoJSON).

The two geoJSON parsing issues (extra top-level attributes fail and null attributes fail) should now be fixed in v2022.2.2. If anyone else gets a parsing failure, please let us know.

Thank you, that's helpful!

We've moved the Select button to the top for now. It doesn't look great but at least it means users can't get stuck if they have a shorter screen than the one that the form was tested on. We'll do a styling pass either in the next release or the following one.

Thanks for all the great feedback!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Where can I find sample forms for select one from GeoJSON?