ODK collect will not connect to forms

Hello, this is my first post to this group and I am new to ODK - I
hope someone could help with a small problem.

I have set up a globalcanopyprogramme.appspot.com, created and
published forms, linked ODK collect to it, entered data on the mobile,
uploaded the data and visualised the results in fusion tables and all
is working fine.

However a colleague is in Guyana in the moment wanting to test the
forms I have created - he has tried to connect to the appspot and is
getting a message "Error Getting Form List" when trying to download
the forms to the phone.

The phone is exactly the same as mine here in the UK, a new Motorola
defy+ running the latest version of the ODK collect. We have checked
the URL is correct and the phone has wifi as it is accessing emails.

Has anyone any thoughts on why he can't access the forms. Any advice
would be much appreciated.

Jon

Jon Parsons
Digital Producer

Global Canopy Programme, 23 Park End Street, Oxford OX1 1HU.
Email j.parsons@globalcanopy.org
Office 01865 724333
Mobile 07526 497077
Skype jonparsons

Hey jon,

Is it M.T. that is in the field? He discussed the project at a recent
conference. Exciting stuff!

I am also currently having the same problem running Aggregate 1.0 RC4
and Collect 1.1.7 RC2. However, a) I have solved this problem once in
the past with another aggregate and also b) developed a work around.

a) Once I had the Error Getting Forms List because I had my aggregate
permissions wrong. In aggregate, I had to create a new ODK user and
password and make sure the phones were all set to this new user.
Matching the phone user and password to the aggregate resolved the
error.

b) Even though you may not be able to download the forms, the forms
can be manually loaded onto the phones sd card and then data manually
submitted to the aggregate as long as the form id is the same. It is
definitely more cumbersome, but because I am working in areas without
service anyway, I am already manually loading and uploading forms and
instances.

I hope my two cents help,

Adam

··· On Nov 2, 2:23 am, Jon Parsons wrote: > Hello, this is my first post to this group and I am new to ODK - I > hope someone could help with a small problem. > > I have set up a globalcanopyprogramme.appspot.com, created and > published forms, linked ODK collect to it, entered data on the mobile, > uploaded the data and visualised the results in fusion tables and all > is working fine. > > However a colleague is in Guyana in the moment wanting to test the > forms I have created - he has tried to connect to the appspot and is > getting a message "Error Getting Form List" when trying to download > the forms to the phone. > > The phone is exactly the same as mine here in the UK, a new Motorola > defy+ running the latest version of the ODK collect. We have checked > the URL is correct and the phone has wifi as it is accessing emails. > > Has anyone any thoughts on why he can't access the forms. Any advice > would be much appreciated. > > Jon > > Jon Parsons > Digital Producer > > Global Canopy Programme, 23 Park End Street, Oxford OX1 1HU. > Email j.pars...@globalcanopy.org > Office 01865 724333 > Mobile 07526 497077 > Skype jonparsons > > www.globalcanopy.orgwww.theREDDdesk.org

Hi Adam yes it is M.T. that is leading on the project and i am sorting
out the technolgy for it

Thanks for the info

Will you be at the "Monitoring Deforestation from the Ground to the
Cloud", a workshop by Imazon and Google
November 8-10, 2011, Google Sao Paolo Office

Jon

··· On Nov 3, 2:06 am, Adam Calo wrote: > Hey jon, > > Is it M.T. that is in the field? He discussed the project at a recent > conference. Exciting stuff! > > I am also currently having the same problem running Aggregate 1.0 RC4 > and Collect 1.1.7 RC2. However, a) I have solved this problem once in > the past with another aggregate and also b) developed a work around. > > a) Once I had the Error Getting Forms List because I had my aggregate > permissions wrong. In aggregate, I had to create a new ODK user and > password and make sure the phones were all set to this new user. > Matching the phone user and password to the aggregate resolved the > error. > > b) Even though you may not be able to download the forms, the forms > can be manually loaded onto the phones sd card and then data manually > submitted to the aggregate as long as the form id is the same. It is > definitely more cumbersome, but because I am working in areas without > service anyway, I am already manually loading and uploading forms and > instances. > > I hope my two cents help, > > Adam > > On Nov 2, 2:23 am, Jon Parsons wrote: > > > > > Hello, this is my first post to this group and I am new to ODK - I > > hope someone could help with a small problem. > > > I have set up a globalcanopyprogramme.appspot.com, created and > > published forms, linked ODK collect to it, entered data on the mobile, > > uploaded the data and visualised the results in fusion tables and all > > is working fine. > > > However a colleague is in Guyana in the moment wanting to test the > > forms I have created - he has tried to connect to the appspot and is > > getting a message "Error Getting Form List" when trying to download > > the forms to the phone. > > > The phone is exactly the same as mine here in the UK, a new Motorola > > defy+ running the latest version of the ODK collect. We have checked > > the URL is correct and the phone has wifi as it is accessing emails. > > > Has anyone any thoughts on why he can't access the forms. Any advice > > would be much appreciated. > > > Jon > > > Jon Parsons > > Digital Producer > > > Global Canopy Programme, 23 Park End Street, Oxford OX1 1HU. > > Email j.pars...@globalcanopy.org > > Office01865 724333begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01865 724333 > > Mobile07526 497077begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 07526 497077 > > Skype jonparsons > > >www.globalcanopy.orgwww.theREDDdesk.org- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -