ODK on google cloud

Dear all, Happy new year and best wishes, i hope this post find every one happy and healthy.
i was away from ODK since 2018, and now i came back. i faced a problem configuring odk aggregate on google cloud. i can not install ODK on google cloud it require a billing account, i can not do that. i am in Afghanistan which is not available in the list too.
can anyone help me in this regard.
billing account was not required previously "2017"
thanks in advance

Hi,

I would suggest you to try DO instead. Installing ODK Aggregate on DO is much easier and they offers free credit for a month. Check this on: https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-digital-ocean/

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Thank you Dear Imran for your suggestion, aggregate on google engine is now my necessary.
i think i should find a way for installation. i am waiting for other friends if they help me for the solution.
Dear Mr @yanokwa i am begging your advice in this regard.

Hi,

Support for GAE has been deprecated. ODK Aggregate v2 is not compatible with GAE. You need find a compatible version from GitHub and install. GAE is not free anymore, thus you need to set up a billing account before you can proceed.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

thank you for the information Dear @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN, it is clear and helpful.
is there any other way (cloud) to install ODK and use it free?

No. Unfortunately, there are no other ways to install and use ODK for Free. However, I believe Google still offers some credit for a year. If you install ODK Aggregate V1.X to GAE, you will be good for a year with a limited number of transactions/day.

1 Like

ok, thank you for the information. i think Kobotoolbox is a good alternative which is always free.